Louisiana Insurance Law Changes: Draft Legislation and Meeting Update
Feb 27, 2009
As a result of legislation that became effective January 1, 2009, the Louisiana Department of Insurance (“Department”) has been working to re-designate Title 22, the section of law pertaining to insurance in the State of Louisiana, into a new format and number scheme.
The Department has issued the following bills to be discussed during the Louisiana 2009 Regular Legislative Session with supporting documents:
- February 27 draft of the technical bill for the recodification of Title 22;
- February 18 draft bill with suggested changes for the lines of insurance and their definitions in Title 22;
- Chapter 1: General Provisions with comments on the proposed changes;
- Chapter 2: Requirements for Insurers and Other Risk-Bearing Entities with comments on the proposed changes; and
- Chapter 3: Deposits, Assessments, Fees and Taxes with comments on the proposed changes.
The Department has scheduled a meeting with insurance industry representatives to discuss the proposed Title 22 changes. Meeting details are as follows:
Date: Thursday, March 5, 2009
Time: 10:00 a.m.
Place: Poydras Hearing Room, Louisiana Department of Insurance, 1702 North Third Street, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Should you have any questions or comments, please contact Colodny Fass.
To unsubscribe from this newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com