Shareholder Katherine Scott Webb manages Colodny Fass’ Lobbying and Governmental Consulting Division in Tallahassee.
Ms. Webb represents a cross-section of businesses and public entities, including national and international insurance companies, insurance agencies and related businesses before the Florida Legislature and Executive Branch. On behalf of clients, she works closely with various State regulatory agencies, as well as quasi-governmental entities such as Citizens Property Insurance Corporation.
A recipient of the “Outstanding Lobbying Efforts” award from the Florida Insurance Council, Ms. Webb serves as Florida legal counsel and lobbyist for the Property and Casualty Insurers Association of America, as well as for the Florida Property and Casualty Association, a consortium of domestic property and casualty insurers.
With her leadership, Colodny Fass was widely credited as the driving force behind Florida’s recent comprehensive property insurance reform legislation, SB 408. Working in concert with the Florida Senate’s Banking and Insurance Chairman, Ms. Webb crafted and facilitated the passage of legislation that was over two years in the making, and that was characterized as “monumental” by the international insurance community. Additionally, working with the Governor, Chief Financial Officer and House Insurance and Banking Subcommittee Chairman, she was instrumental in the success of the highly controversial HB 119, which subsequently revamped Florida’s No-Fault insurance law.
During Florida’s 2012 Legislative Session, Ms. Webb was heavily involved in the drafting and passage of legislation to eliminate Florida’s excess profits statute relating to workers’ compensation. She also drafted and helped to enact legislation facilitating the admission of crop insurers into the State of Florida.
She has also worked closely with Florida’s Office of Insurance Regulation to deregulate forms for certain lines of property and casualty insurance.
Ms. Webb regularly serves as Adjunct Professor at Florida State University’s College of Law, where she teaches a course entitled “Insurance Law: A Law and Political Economics Perspective.”
Rated by Chambers and Partners as one of Florida’s top insurance regulation lawyers, she is admitted to practice before all Florida state courts and the United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida.
She earned her Bachelor of Science in Political Science in 2000 from Florida State University and her Juris Doctor from Florida State University’s College of Law in 2003.
Civic and Community Involvement
- Florida State University College of Law – Adjunct Professor
- NAIC 2012 Summer National Meeting; August 11-14, 2012; Atlanta, Georgia
- Citizens Property Insurance Corporation Depopulation Summit; June 1, 2012; Tampa, Florida
- Florida Hurricane Catastrophe Fund Participating Insurers 12th Annual Participating Insurers Workshop; May 15-16, 2012; Orlando, Florida
- Florida Insurance Council Legislative Conference; February 1, 2012; Tallahassee, Florida
- Florida Chamber of Commerce Fifth Annual Insurance Summit; November 16-18, 2011; Orlando, Florida
- NAIC Fall 2011 National Meeting; November 3-6, 2011; Washington, D.C.
- 2011 PCI Annual Meeting; October 23-26, 2011; New Orleans, Louisiana
- Florida Insurance Council Legislative Workshop; September 11-13, 2011; Amelia Island, Florida
- 2011 Southeastern Regulators Association Conference; July 27-29, 2011; Montgomery, Alabama
- NCOIL Summer Meeting; July 14-17, 2011; Newport, Rhode Island
- Florida Insurance Council 2011 Summer Insurance Symposium; June 26-28, 2011; Daytona Beach, Florida
- NAIC Spring 2011 National Meeting, March 2011
- Florida State University College of Law Alumni Panel, February 2011
- NAIC Winter 2009 Annual Meeting, December 2009
- NCOIL 2009 Annual Meeting, November 2009
- AAMGA 2009 Fall Meeting, November 2009
- Out of the Storm ’09: Making Reform Work, October 2009. Panel Moderator: “What Happened in Florida? Can Florida Learn From Louisiana and South Carolina?”
- Florida Hurricane Catastrophe Fund Ninth Annual Participating Insurers Workshop, June 2009
- 2008 Florida Office of Insurance Regulation Filing and Compliance Symposium, May 2008
- State of the Florida Insurance Market Summit, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012
- Regular attendance at the National Association of Insurance Commissioners Meetings
- Regular attendance at the National Coalition of Insurance Regulators meetings
- Regular attendance at Southeastern Regulators Conferences
Published Articles and Media Mentions
- “Colodny Fass Lobbyist Katie Webb Featured on “Best Lobbyist” Influence Magazine Cover.” October 2017.
- “Colodny Fass’ Katie Webb Named in Top “Insurance Lobbyists of the Year” by Influence Magazine,” Influence Magazine, Spring 2016.
- “Chambers Ranks Colodny Fass Among Florida’s Foremost Insurance Firms, Insurance Lawyers.” July 16, 2015.
- “Colodny Fass Shareholder Katherine Webb Conducts Florida Bar Young Lawyers’ Legislative Webinar,” June 19, 2014.
- “Citizens Property Insurance, PCI, FAIA Representatives Discuss New Clearinghouse on June 17 Webcast Hosted by Colodny Fass’ Katie Webb,” July 1, 2013.
- “Personnel Note: Katherine Scott Webb to Manage Colodny Fass Tallahassee Office” SaintPetersBlog.com, July 16, 2012.
- “Colodny Fass Adds Tallahassee Shareholder Katie Webb to Firm Name,” July 10, 2012.
- “Katie Webb Hosts Webinar on Florida’s latest request for property and casualty holding company information; NAIC Insurance Holding Company Model Act,” June 18, 2012.
- “Colodny Fass’ Mike Colodny and Katherine Webb Ranked Among Top Lawyers in Chambers USA 2012,” June 12, 2012
- “Katherine Scott Webb Named Colodny Fass Shareholder,” February 16, 2012
- “PIP Reform Bill Cuts Incentives to Providers, Savings to be Calculated” by Katie Webb, Daily Business Review, April 30, 2012;
- “New Florida Citizens Assessment Bill Could Attract New Capital” by Katie Webb. PropertyCasualty360.com; April 2011;
- “A system in need of mending, Florida’s Legislature tackles PIP” by Katie Webb. Daily Business Review; January 20, 2012.
- “A Revamped Citizens and Cat Fund in 2012? Preview of Property Insurance Issues for the January Legislative Session” by Katie Webb; Florida Underwriter, December 2011.
- “Colodny Fass Lawyer Katie Webb to Appear Live on Fox News Channel on Monday, September 19, 2011 at 7:30 a.m.,” September 16, 2011.
- “Major Changes Ahead for Medicaid” by Katie Webb; PropertyCasualty360.com, August 2011
- “Colodny Fass Lobbyist Katie Webb receives ‘Outstanding Lobbying Efforts’ Award from Florida Insurance Council,” July 21, 2011
- “By No Means A Wish List, Florida’s SB 408 To Address Some ‘Pocketbook Issues’“ Katie Webb featured in PropertyCasualty360.com, May 18, 2011
- “Colodny Fass Featured in Florida Trend’s Top 10 Largest Florida Lobbying Firms List,” May 16, 2011
- “Liability, Building Construction, Mitigation Measures Part of Mock Trial Starring ‘Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Day’ Participants at Colodny Fass Law Firm.” Sun-Sentinel, April 28, 2011.
- “A Trimmer Budget in 2011 — How Florida’s Economy Is Impacting the Insurance Industry,” by Katherine Scott Webb. Florida Underwriter, March 2011
- Katie Webb Previews Florida’s 2011 Legislative Session in Florida Underwriter Cover Story, March 2011
- Katie Webb in Florida Trend: What Business Interests Want From Florida’s Legislature, March 2011
- Setnor Byer Insurance “Risky Business” Podcast, May 8, 2009–Florida 2009 Legislative Session Wrap-Up
Recent Speaking Engagements
- 2013 State of the Florida Insurance Market Summit; February 1, 2013; Co-Moderator: “Legislative Panel”
- 2013 State of the Florida Insurance Market Summit; January 31, 2013; Co-Presentor: “State of the State: A Florida Political Briefing”
- Webinar: “What You Need to Know Right Now About Florida’s Insurance Holding Company Regulatory Review,” presented by Katie Webb of Colodny Fass, and G. Donovan Brown and Alex Hageli of the Property Casualty Insurers Association of America; June 19, 2012
- 2012 State of the Florida Insurance Market Summit; March 15, 2012; “State of the State: A Florida Political Briefing and 2012 Legislative Wrap-Up” – Katherine Scott Webb, of Colodny Fass, and Donovan Brown, Property Casualty Insurers Association of America.
- 2012 State of the Florida Insurance Market Summit; March 15, 2012; Ms. Webb served as moderator for a panel discussion on the surplus lines market year in review.
- 2012 State of the Florida Insurance Market Summit; March 15, 2012; Ms. Webb served as co-moderator on a legislative panel featuring state legislators.
- AICP Gulf States Chapter Education Day; June 24, 2011; “Florida Hot Topics and Regulatory Changes“
- 2011 Florida Legislative Session and Florida Insurance Legislation Recap Webinar presented by Katie Webb of Colodny Fass; May 10, 2011
- 2011 Florida Legislative Session and Insurance Industry Issues Preview Webinar presented by Katie Webb of Colodny Fass; March 3, 2011
- Post-Election Webinar: How the 2010 Vote Could Shape Insurance Law in Florida and Beyond” with Katie Webb
- Worldwide Webinar on 2010 Florida Legislative Action; May 5, 2010 – hosted by Katie Webb of Colodny Fass
- 2011 “Outstanding Lobbying Efforts” award from the Florida Insurance Council
- Katie Webb appeared live on the Fox News Channel on September 19, 2011, as part of the Fox & Friends political panel.