Insurance-Related Meetings for the Week of December 8-12
Dec 4, 2008
Insurance-Related Meetings: Week of December 8-12, 2008
Monday, December 8
Citizens Claims Committee Meeting
Citizens Property Insurance Corporation (“Citizens”) has rescheduled its Claims Committee meeting originally slated for Tuesday, November 25. The meeting now will be held on Monday, December 8, starting at 3:00 p.m. via teleconference. The call-in number for this meeting is: 888.302.3367. To view the complete meeting agenda, click here.
Tuesday, December 9
FWCJUA Annual Membership and Board of Governors Meeting
The Florida Workers’ Compensation Joint Underwriting Association (“FWCJUA”) will hold its Annual Membership and Board of Governors meetings on Thursday, December 9, starting at 8:30 a.m. at the FWCJUA office located at 6003 Honore Avenue, Suite 204, Sarasota, Florida. To view the complete meeting agenda, click here.
The Florida Governor and Cabinet (“Cabinet”) will hold a meeting on Tuesday, December 9, starting at 9:00 a.m. in the Cabinet Meeting Room, Lower Level, The Capitol, Tallahassee, Florida.
Governmental entities scheduled to speak include:
- State Board of Administration
- Division of Bond Finance
- Office of Financial Regulation
- Office of Insurance Regulation
- Department of Revenue
- Department of Veterans’ Affairs
- Department of Law Enforcement
- Administration Commission
- Board of Trustees of the Internal Improvement Trust Fund
To view the complete meeting agenda, click here.
Florida Department of Revenue Rule Hearing
The Florida Department of Financial Revenue, Miscellaneous Tax Division, has issued a Notice of Rulemaking Development regarding the following Rule:
- 12B-8.001: Premium Tax; Rate and Computation
The purpose of the proposed Rule amendments is to:
- Make technical corrections, including updating statute references, expiration dates, references, and removing obsolete language regarding the annuity exemption in effect prior to July 1, 1990
- Include corporation not for profit and Public Housing Authorities self-insurance funds as entities whose premiums, contributions, and assessments are subject to a 1.6 percent tax
- Clarify that dividends used to purchase paid-up additions are not an additional gross receipt
- Incorporate information on the Florida Life and Health Insurance Guaranty Association Assessment, including payments due as a result of Florida Life and Health Insurance Guaranty Association refunds of prior assessments that were used in the computation of credits by an insurer, and the acceleration of Florida Life and Health Insurance Guaranty Association credits when an insurer surrenders its certificate of authority and ceases doing business in Florida
- Reference Section 624.50921, F.S., for the insurance premium tax credits for assessments paid under Chapter 440, F.S., and the corporate income tax paid under Chapter 220, F.S.
- Provide general information on the salary tax credit exceptions
Date: Tuesday, December 9, 2008
Time: 10:00 a.m.
Place: Room 118 of the Carlton Building, 501 South Calhoun Street, Tallahassee, Florida
Board of Employee Leasing Companies Meeting
The Board of Employee Leasing Companies will hold a meeting on Tuesday, December 9, starting at 10:00 a.m. via teleconference. The call-in number for this meeting is: 888.808.6959; conference code: 9226020#.
Wednesday, December 10
Citizens Mission Review Task Force Meeting
The Citizens Property Insurance (“Citizens”) Mission Review Task Force will hold a meeting on Wednesday, December 10, starting at 10:00 a.m. at Citizens’ Corporate Offices, 6676 Corporate Center Parkway, Jacksonville, Florida. The call-in number for this meeting is: 866.855.4989; conference code: 71844503.
Thursday, December 11
OIR Rule Hearing
The Florida Department of Financial Services, Office of Insurance Regulation, has issued a Notice of Proposed Rule Hearing regarding the following Rules:
- 69O-163.0075: Term and Evidence of Insurance
- 69O-163.009: Determination of Reasonableness of Benefits in Relation to Premium Charge
- 69O-163.011: Credit Disability Insurance Rates
The proposed Rule changes would amend the Credit Life and Credit Disability Insurance Chapter to address statutory changes contained in House Bill 343, which the Governor signed into law on May 28, 2008.
Date: Thursday, December 11, 2008
Time: 2:30 p.m.
Place: Room 143 of the Larson Building, 200 East Gaines Street, Tallahassee, Florida
Thursday, December 11 through Friday, December 12
Citizens Property Insurance Corporation (“Citizens”) will hold the following meetings on Thursday, December 11 and Friday, December 12:
- Market Accountability Advisory Committee-Thursday, December 11 at 10:00 a.m. The call-in number for this meeting is: 866.526.0550
- Consumer Services Committee-Thursday, December 11 at 1:00 p.m. The call-in number for this meeting is: 877.524.8401
- Finance and Investment Committee-Thursday, December 11 at 3:00 p.m. The call-in number for this meeting is: 888.277.7951
- Board of Governors-Friday, December 12 at 9:00 a.m. The call-in number for this meeting is: 888.295.6211
- Depopulation Committee-Friday, December 12 at 11:30 a.m. The call-in number for this meeting is: 877.577.1769
Friday, December 12
FSIGA Board of Directors
The Florida Self-Insurance Guaranty Association will hold a Board of Governors meeting on Friday, December 12, starting at 12:00 p.m. at the Hampton Inn and Suites, 3388 Lonnbladh Road, Tallahassee, Florida.
Tuesday, December 16
NCCI Amended Workers’ Compensate Rate Filing Hearing
The Florida Office of Insurance Regulation will hold a public hearing regarding the amended workers’ compensation rate filing requested by the National Council on Compensation Insurance (“NCCI”) on Tuesday, December 16, starting at 9:00 a.m. in the Cabinet Meeting Room, Lower Level, The Capitol, Tallahassee, Florida.
FWCJUA Investment Committee Meeting–RESCHEDULED
The Florida Workers’ Compensation Joint Underwriting Association (“FWCJUA”) Investment Committee meeting scheduled to be held on Monday, December 29, has been rescheduled. The meeting will take place on Monday, January 5, 2009.
Florida House of Representatives
Upcoming Florida House Interim Committee Meetings:
- December 15-18–Interim Committee Meetings
- January 5-8–Interim Committee Meetings
- January 12-15–Interim Committee Meetings
- February 2-5–Interim Committee Meetings
- February 9-12–Interim Committee Meetings
- February 16-20–Interim Committee Meetings
Upcoming Florida Senate Interim Committee Meetings:
- December 8-12–Interim Committee Meetings
- Senate Banking and Insurance Committee–Tuesday, December 9, starting at 9:00 a.m. in Room 412 of the Knott Building, The Capitol, Tallahassee, Florida
- Meeting of the Full Senate–Wednesday, December 10, from 1:00 p.m. through 4:00 p.m. in Room 412 of the Knott Building, The Capitol, Tallahassee, Florida
- January 5-9–Interim Committee Meetings
- January 12-16–Interim Committee Meetings
- February 2-6–Interim Committee Meetings
- February 9-13–Appropriations Committees only, if needed
- February 16-20–Interim Committee Meetings
To unsubscribe from this newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org