Florida Office of Insurance Regulation Announces I-Portal Enhancement for Form Filings
Dec 6, 2012
The Florida Office of Insurance Regulation (“OIR”) announced today, December 6, 2012, that it has recently added a filing enhancement for form filings.
Companies are now able to submit combined form filings that include multiple Sub-Types of Insurance (“TOI”).
Companies will no longer be required to submit individual form filings for each Sub-TOI for the following Lines of Business/Types of Insurance:
- Commercial Multi-Peril/Divisible Package (for example, Commercial Package Policy or Similar)
- Commercial Multi-Peril/Indivisible Package (for example, Business Owners)
- Commercial Auto
- Commercial Auto Physical Damage
- Inland Marine
- Medical Malpractice
- Miscellaneous Casualty/Misc. Casualty – Commercial
- Miscellaneous Casualty/Misc. Casualty – Personal
- Other Liability/Errors and Omissions
- Private Passenger Auto (Full Coverage or Liability Only)
- Private Passenger Auto Physical Damage Only
- Property Fire
When setting up the filing in the I-File system and selecting a line of business where combined filings are possible, a user will be asked if he or she wishes to submit a form filing with multiple sub-types. If “Yes” is chosen, the user will then have a chance to select the multiple sub-TOIs that he or she wishes to assign to the filing.
This streamlined process is expected to help to reduce the administrative time that an insurer spends on submitting these filings, as well as ultimately reduce the amount of time it takes the OIR to review these type of filings.
Should you have any questions or comments, please contact Colodny Fass& Webb.
To unsubscribe from this newsletter, please send an email to Brooke Ellis at firstname.lastname@example.org.