DOR Rule Hearing
Jun 29, 2009
The Florida Department of Revenue (“DOR”), Miscellaneous Tax Division has issued a Notice of Proposed Rule regarding the following Rule:
- 12B-8.001: Premium Tax; Rate and Computation
The purpose of the proposed Rule amendments is to:
- Update the Rule provisions to include self-insurance funds that are subject to the insurance premium tax;
- Provide for salary tax credit exceptions;
- Incorporate information on the Florida Life and Health Insurance Guaranty Association Assessment;
- Incorporate references to Section 624.5092, F.S.; and
- Provide technical corrections, including the update of statute references, expiration dates and references, and the removal of obsolete provisions.
If a Rule hearing is requested in writing and not deemed unnecessary by the agency head, one will be held at the date, time, and place shown below:
Date: Monday, June 29, 2009
Time: 10:00 a.m.
Place: Room 118 of the Carlton Building, 501 South Calhoun Street, Tallahassee