Board of Employee Leasing Companies Meeting Report: May 20
May 21, 2009
On Wednesday, May 20, 2009, the Board of Employee Leasing Companies (“Board”) met to consider employee leasing company applications, controlling person applications, de minimis exemption and registration applications and employee leasing company name changes.
The following employee leasing company and controlling persons applications were granted continuances and will be considered during the June 2009 Board meeting:
- Global Employment Services, Inc. – Employee leasing company application
- Jackie Grimes and George F. Touart, Global Employment Services, Inc. – Controlling person applications
It was determined that the federal identification number listed on Global Employment Services’ employee leasing company application was not correct, and that a letter from the company’s insurance carrier would be required stating that a workers’ compensation policy will be issued as soon as the employee leasing company license is granted.
During discussion, an interested party expressed concern that Global Employment Services, Inc. was too similar to an existing licensed employee leasing company’s name. The Board determined that the name Global Employment Services, Inc. would have to be changed before the application could be granted.
The following employee leasing company and controlling person applications were approved:
- QBS, Inc. of Florida and QBS, Inc. of Florida II – Employee leasing company applications
- Pamela S. Evette, QBS, Inc. of Florida and QBS, Inc. of Florida II – Controlling person application
- Stephen Durko, Jr., Staff Payroll of Pensacola – Controlling person application
- Sandra Kay Sessions, Integrity Employee Leasing, Inc. – Controlling person application
- Toby Lee Starr, Integrity Employee Leasing, Inc. – Controlling person application
The de minimis exemption and registration application for Angela M. Heim, President, The Employer Group, Inc. was approved by the Board.
The name change of Tampa Service Company, Inc. to DBA Pacesetter Personnel Services-Payroll Services Division was approved by the Board.
An update on proposed workers’ compensation insurance-related Rules was given by Lisa Comingore from the Florida Office of the Attorney General. Ms. Comingore stated that the Rules recently proposed by the Board currently are open for development, and that the language is being finalized.
The meeting was then adjourned.
Should you have any questions or comments, please contact Colodny Fass.
To unsubscribe from this newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com