Florida Insurance Calendar: March 24-28
Mar 21, 2014
Following is a listing of Florida insurance-related legislative and regulatory events for the week of March 24-28, 2014. All times are shown in Eastern Time.
Additional information is available via hyperlink where noted in bold type.
FLORIDA INSURANCE LEGISLATIVE EVENTS
Tuesday, March 25
- Florida House Insurance and Banking Subcommittee meeting; 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. Agenda includes consideration of the following proposed committee substitutes and proposed committee bill:
- Florida Senate Committee on Banking and Insurance meeting; 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Agenda includes consideration of the following bills and proposed committee bills:
- SB 1274 relating to Citizens Property Insurance Corporation by Senator Alan Hays
- SM 1538 relating to Terrorism Risk Insurance Act by Senator Aaron Bean
- SB 482 relating to Florida Hurricane Catastrophe Fund by Senator Alan Hays
- SPB 7110 relating to Ratification of Rules of the Office of Insurance Regulation
FLORIDA INSURANCE REGULATORY EVENTS
Monday, March 31
- State Board of Administration/Florida Hurricane Catastrophe Fund (“FHCF”) Proposed Rule Hearing; 9:00 a.m. Tallahassee, Florida. To view the hearing notice, click here.
- Proposed amendments to Rule 19-8.013, “Revenue Bonds Issued Pursuant to Section 215.555(6), F.S.,” would conform the Rule to legislation that changed the name of the Florida Hurricane Catastrophe Fund Finance Corporation to the State Board of Administration Finance Corporation, and to make other editorial changes.
- Proposed amendments to Rule 19-8.029, “Insurer Reporting Requirements,” would adopt the Data Call and other applicable requirements for the FHCF 2014-2015 Contract Year, revise the Rule and Forms to provide for online reporting of exposure and clarify the treatment of certain mixed-use structures.
- Proposed amendments to Rule 19-8.030, “Insurer Responsibilities,” would adopt the examination instruction forms applicable to the FHCF 2014-2015 Contract Year, require online loss reporting and address implementation of the online reporting system.
Tuesday, April 1
- Florida Division of Workers’ Compensation (“DWC”) public meeting; 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Receive comments related to possible changes to the Ambulatory Surgical Center Reimbursement Manual, including revisions regarding maximum reimbursement allowances established for specific procedure codes, electronic billing policies for payors and payees, and the Florida Workers’ Compensation Uniform Medical Treatment/Status Reporting Form (DWC-25). To view the meeting notice, click here.
Wednesday, April 2
- Florida Office of Insurance Regulation Rule Development Workshop; 9:30 a.m. Tallahassee, Florida. Proposed amendments to Rules 69O-144.005 and 69O-144.007, relating to “Credit for Reinsurance from Eligible Reinsurers,” would conform to National Association of Insurance Commissioners (“NAIC”) model laws for accreditation purposes and provide consistency among regulatory jurisdictions as to the manner in which reinsurers are granted the status of “certified reinsurer” (currently termed “eligible reinsurer” in the Rule) and the manner in which Florida domestic insurance companies can apply credit for reinsurance from these entities, among other changes. To view the workshop notice, click here.
Tuesday, April 8
- Florida DWC Proposed Rule Hearing; 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. Proposed Rulemaking would provide guidance to current, former and prospective self-insurers regarding allowable, purpose-specific methods for use when determining a self-insured’s net worth. The proposed Rules also would provide for an increase in the maximum dollar-amount (and, in the alternative, an increase in the percentage-amount of a self-insured’s net worth) of a self-insured’s per occurrence retention rate. The proposed increase in the maximum amount of the per occurrence retention rate would provide self-insurers with a measure of flexibility in controlling the costs of excess insurance. To view the hearing notice, click here.
Wednesday, April 9
- Florida Workers’ Compensation Insurance Guaranty Association (“FWCIGA”) Investment Committee meeting. To view the meeting notice, click here.
Thursday, April 10
- FWCIGA Audit Committee (8:30 a.m.) and Board of Directors (10:00 a.m.) meetings. Orlando, Florida. To view the meeting notice, click here.
Monday, April 14
- Florida Surplus Lines Service Office Board of Governors meeting; 1:00 p.m. Tallahassee, Florida. To view the meeting notice, click here.
Should you have any comments or questions, please contact Colodny Fass& Webb.
Click here to follow Colodny Fass& Webb on Twitter (@CFTLAWcom)
To unsubscribe from this newsletter, please send an email to Brooke Ellis at email@example.com.