October 26, 2011: Florida Department of Revenue Proposed Rule Hearing
Oct 26, 2011
10:00 a.m.–Florida Department of Revenue Proposed Rule Hearing;
- Proposed amendments to Rule Chapter 12B-8, “Insurance Premium Taxes, Fees and Surcharges”, would update statutory and rule references, remove unnecessary effective dates, remove provisions regarding the emergency excise tax repealed effective January 1, 2012, by Section 22, Chapter 2011-76, L.O.F., and provide technical changes. To view the hearing notice, click here.
- 12B-8.001: Premium Tax; Rate and Computation
- 12B-8.0012: Insurance Policy Surcharge; Rate and Computation
- 12B-8.003: Tax Statement; Overpayments
- 12B-8.006: State Fire Marshal Regulatory Assessment and Surcharge; Levy and Amount
- 12B-8.007: Deposit of Certain Tax Receipts; Refund of Improper Payments
- 12B-8.016: Retaliatory Provisions
- Proposed amendments to the following Rules would incorporate changes in Chapter 2011-123, L.O.F., which extends the period for which tax credits authorized under the Florida Tax Credit Scholarship Program may be taken from three years to five years; eliminates the 75 percent limitation on the corporate income tax and insurance premium tax credits; and allows taxpayers who have previously rescinded a tax credit more than once to obtain approval to rescind an outstanding tax credit. To view the hearing notice, click here.