Kansas Insurance Department Sports Redesigned WebSite
Apr 21, 2015
Efficient and user-friendly.
Those are the key elements in the redesign of the Kansas Insurance Department’s website, www.ksinsurance.org. The redesign went live today, April 21, 2015, according to Ken Selzer, CPA, Kansas Commissioner of Insurance.
“The new Kansas Insurance Department (KID) homepage provides text and graphics that will quickly take people to other areas on the site through the use of easily navigated design elements,” Commissioner Selzer said. “We reviewed ideas from a variety of sites throughout the United States and adapted them into a friendly design for our website users.”
Featured on the new homepage are the following:
• A news ticker, which automatically scrolls through the newest KID information
• A featured videos screen, which allows viewing of current KID-produced insurance informational videos
• A prominent Help section, with links to frequently-sought information
• Document Forms drop down boxes for online services, publications and forms
• Resource icons for consumers, producers, companies and “other services”
Also included on the homepage are icons linking to Facebook, Twitter and YouTube items produced by KID; an icon to receive email notices of KID news; and links to the State of Kansas and National Association of Insurance Commissioners websites.
“As the department’s social media emphasis continues to grow, we decided our website needed to reflect that,” Commissioner Selzer said. “The main goal, however, in providing our website information in a new format was to enhance our mission of educating and advocating for Kansas consumers in the best possible manner.”