FPCA Members: Florida Senate Committees Request Information On Insurance Bad Faith Issues; Submission Deadline is August 19, 2011
Jul 29, 2011
Florida Property and Casualty Association Members:
The Florida Senate Judiciary Committee, in consultation with the Florida Senate Banking and Insurance Committee, is working on an interim project relating to insurance bad faith in preparation for the 2012 Regular Legislative Session.
The Committee staff is seeking input from interested parties to identify and address problems relating to bad faith. They are looking for data and information such as, but not limited to:
- Time spent on investigation of insurance claims
- Time between opening and closing claims
- Degree of attorney involvement in claims
- Loss-adjustment expenses
- Frequency and content of demand letters and responses to demand letter
- Frequency of settling claims
- Insurance claim amounts paid
- Number of notices of violation filed under s. 624.155(3), F.S.
- Number and amount of bad faith lawsuits/judgments paid, active or anticipated
- Any significant court decisions, such as Berges v. Infinity Ins. Co., 896 So.2d 665 (Fla. 2005) impacting the evolution of bad faith
The deadline for submitting this data to the Committee staff is August 19, 2011. Please forward any data or information you wish to provide relating to the above to Katie Webb (email@example.com) at Colodny Fass as soon as possible.
Copies of the project description and information request letter are attached.
Thank you, in advance, for your assistance in this matter.