Florida Office of Insurance Regulation Reviews Proposed Changes to Report of Gross Annual Premiums and Enrollment Data for Health Benefit Plans Issued to Florida Residents (Form OIR-B2-1094–GAP 1094)
Dec 21, 2012
On December 19, 2012, the Florida Office of Insurance Regulation (“OIR”) held a Rule Development Workshop on proposed changes to Rule 69O-137.004, entitled “Reports of Information by Health Insurers Required.”
Health insurers are required to file a “Report of Gross Annual Premiums and Enrollment Data for Health Benefit Plans Issued to Florida Residents” required by Form OIR-B2-1094 (“GAP 1094”) on or before April 1 of each year. The proposed changes redesign, renumber, add and delete information required in GAP 1094. Specifically, the proposed changes to GAP 1094 include:
- Provision of a new label for the column “Covered Enrollee Dependents at End of Reporting CY” to include “joint primary insureds”
- Removal of Discount Medical Plan Organizations
- Template changes to make it consistent with existing instructions
- Additional reporting lines and labels regarding long-term care
- Expansion of auto-calculations
All filings are required to be submitted electronically through https://iportal.fldfs.com.
No public comments were submitted at the Workshop, however, materials that were provided are attached for your review.
Should you have any questions or comments, please contact Colodny Fass& Webb.
To unsubscribe from this newsletter, please send an email to Brooke Ellis at firstname.lastname@example.org.