Florida Insurance Consumer Advocate’s Homeowners’ Policy and Claims Bill of Rights Working Group to Review Alternative Dispute Resolution and Insurers’ Right to Repair at August 12 Meeting
Aug 9, 2013
Alternative dispute resolution and insurers’ right to repair (safeguards and warranties) are the two remaining topics to be discussed by the Florida Insurance Consumer Advocate’s (“ICA”) Homeowners’ Policy and Claims Bill of Rights Working Group (“Working Group”) as it continues reviewing a slate of draft recommendations on insurance claims handling processes and other related concerns.
The next meeting is scheduled for August 12, 2013 via conference call from 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and can be accessed by calling (850) 413-1558 and entering conference ID 5836899.
The draft recommendations were based on feedback received during Working Group meetings held for two consecutive days during July 2013. The goal will be to produce a comprehensive report to be used in addressing concerns either administratively or through proposed legislation.
To view the draft recommendations, click here.
To date, several Working Group participants and interested parties have submitted recommendations. These are posted on the ICA’s Web site or available through the following hyperlinks:
- Darius Grimes, Disaster-Smart Consulting, Inc. — General Recommendations
- Raymond Altieri, Altieri Transco American Claims — General Recommendations
- Keri Rayborn Silver, Rayborn Consultants — Contractor’s Disclaimer Information
- Dale S. Dobuler, Esq., Ver Ploeg & Lumpkin, P.A. and Nicole Vinson, Esq., The Merlin Law Group — Adjusting and Investigating the Claim — Examinations Under Oath
- Dale S. Dobuler, Esq., Ver Ploeg & Lumpkin, P.A. and Nicole Vinson, Esq., The Merlin Law Group — Report on Assignment of Claims
- Paul Handerhan, Florida Association of Insurance Public Adjusters — Potential Mediation Reforms
- Reevaluating Standardized Insurance Policies — Daniel Schwarcz
- Examinations Under Oath — United Policyholders, California
Should you have any questions or comments, please contact Colodny Fass& Webb.
To unsubscribe from this newsletter, please send an email to Brooke Ellis at email@example.com.