Florida Insurance Consumer Advocate To Host Claims Dispute Resolution Roundtable On July 23
Jul 22, 2009
Florida Insurance Consumer Advocate Sean Shaw will host an insurance and home builders’ industry roundtable on Thursday, July 23, to discuss streamlining and facilitating the State’s homeowners insurance claims dispute resolution process.
Details of the roundtable are as follows:
DATE: Thursday, July 23, 2009
TIME: 10:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M. and 1:00 P.M. – 4:00 P.M.
PLACE: House Office Building, 4th Floor, Committee Room 404, The Capitol, Tallahassee
The call-in number is: 888.808.6959; conference code: 4132880. The roundtable also may be viewed on the Florida Channel Website here.
A press release from the Office of the Florida Insurance Consumer Advocate with more information is printed below.
Should you have any questions or comments, please contact Colodny Fass.
Florida Insurance Consumer Advocate To Host Claims Dispute Resolution Roundtable
July 21, 2009
Tallahassee – In an effort to help Floridians affected by hurricanes, Insurance Consumer Advocate Sean Shaw will host a roundtable this Thursday, bringing together members of the insurance industry and the home builders’ industry to discuss how disputed claim issues can be identified and resolved in a fair manner. The goal will be to establish better communication and processes, so that in the future Florida homeowners can quickly get back into their homes, mitigate further damage to the property, hold down the cost of their claims and allow contractors to start repairs without delays.
The Office of the Insurance Consumer Advocate has heard from many families who have struggled while their homes are uninhabitable or damaged as they deal with the stressful process of mediation, appraisal and litigation. Currently, the insurance industry and home contractors often use different types of estimating processes, which is confusing to homeowners and may lead to delays in the payment of claims.
DATE: Thursday, July 23, 2009
TIME: 10:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M.
1:00 P.M. – 4:00 P.M.
LOCATION: House Office Building, 4th Floor
Committee Room 404
Tallahassee, FL 32399
Public Comments will be heard in the afternoon session. Those unable to attend the meeting may listen via conference call at Dial-in Number: (888) 808-6959, Conference Code: 4132880 or watch the roundtable on the Florida Channel’s website at http://www.wfsu.org/tfc/index.php.
Participants of the Claims Dispute Resolution Roundtable include:
- Sean M. Shaw, Esq., Insurance Consumer Advocate
- R. Terry Butler, Senior Attorney, Office of the Insurance Consumer Advocate
- Zac Extejt, Charlotte County Seawalls, Inc., Florida Home Builders Association, Port Charlotte, FL
- James P. Romerill, Chief Claims Officer, Tower Hill Insurance Company, Gainesville, FL
- Darius H. Grimes, Disaster-Smart Consulting, Inc., Cantonment, FL
- Yong Gilroy, Senior Vice President – Claims, Citizens Property Insurance Corporation, Jacksonville, FL
- Mark Rodrigue, Lone Wolf, Inc., Tallahassee Builders Association, Tallahassee, FL
- Paul G. Neilson, Account Manager-Property, Travelers of Florida, Tampa, FL
- Carl Lott, President, U.S. Cat Adjusters, LLC, Palmetto, FL
- Bert A. Kedroe, Director of Claims, Universal Adjusting Corporation
- Universal Property and Casualty Insurance Company, Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Bill Werther, Vice President Claims, American Traditions Insurance Company & Modern USA Insurance Company, Pinellas Park, FL
- Stacey A. Giulianti, Chief Legal Officer, Florida Peninsula Insurance Company, Boca Raton, FL
- Terry Maricque, Claims Section Manager, State Farm Florida Insurance Company, Jacksonville, FL
- Tami Torres, Director of the Division of Consumer Services, Department of Financial Services, Tallahassee, FL
- Ricardo Lewis, Academy of Leadership and Excellence Program (A.L.Ex.) – FAMU Intern, Office of the Insurance Consumer Advocate, Tallahassee, FL
To unsubscribe from this newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org