Florida Insurance Calendar–June 9 – 13
Jun 6, 2014
Following is a listing of Florida insurance-related regulatory events for the week of June 9-13, 2014. All times are shown in Eastern Time.
Additional information is available via hyperlink where noted in bold type.
FLORIDA INSURANCE REGULATORY EVENTS
Monday, June 9
- Florida Insurance Guaranty Association Board of Directors’ meeting; 2:00 p.m. Tallahassee, Florida. Discussion on Sunshine State Insurance Company. To view the meeting notice, click here.
Tuesday, June 10
- U.S. House Subcommittee on Energy and Mineral Resources Oversight Hearing: “Whole Lotta Shakin’: An Examination of America’s Earthquake Early Warning System Development and Implementation.” To view the hearing notice, click here.
Wednesday, June 11
- Florida Workers’ Compensation Joint Underwriting Association Board of Governors meeting; 10:00 a.m. To view the meeting notice, click here.
Tuesday, June 17
- Florida Division of (Insurance) Agents and Agency Services Proposed Rule Hearing; 10:30 a.m. Tallahassee, Florida. Proposed amendments to Rule 69B-162.011 would conform to SB 166, which substantially revised Florida consumer protection laws relating to the sales of annuities by incorporating the 2010 National Association of Insurance Commissioners’ Suitability in Annuity Transactions Model Regulation. The proposed Rule would extend protections previously afforded to senior consumers in annuity transactions to consumers of any age, along with other changes. To view the hearing notice, click here.
Wednesday, June 18
- Florida Division of Workers’ Compensation Rule Development Workshop; 9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Existing Rule 69L-7.710, F.A.C. has been rewritten and re-organized into five proposed Rules that are intended to replace it under existing Chapter 69L-7, entitled “Workers’ Compensation Medical Reimbursement and Utilization Review.” The proposed Rules incorporate updated versions of Form DFS-F5-DWC-9 and related instructions, including revised instructions for dispensing practitioners when billing for dispensed medications, and for pharmacists billing on Form DFS-F5-DWC-10. For more information and to view the workshop notice, click here.
Thursday, June 19
- Florida Office of Insurance Regulation (“OIR”) Proposed Rule Hearing; 9:30 a.m. Tallahassee, Florida.
- A repeal of Rules 69O-123.001, “Purpose” and 69O-123.002, “Procedure,” relating to the filing of civil remedy notices is proposed because the Florida Department of Financial Services (“DFS”) administers the applicable statutory requirements by Rule 69J-123.002. F.A.C. The OIR does not enforce the provisions of the filing requirements, therefore the Rules are deemed as unnecessary. To view the Notice of Proposed Rule, click here.
- A repeal of Rule Chapter 69O-228 relating to continuing education requirements of insurance representatives is proposed, inasmuch as the OIR does not exercise authority over insurance representatives. Rather, this is the role of the DFS.
- Consideration of proposed amendments to Rule 69O-148.001, which addresses requirements for insurance policies that fund annuities and preneed contracts. Currently, the Rule caps the maximum face amount at $7,500 and the statute caps it at $12,500. The proposed Rule would remove the dollar amount cap and refer instead to the statute, thereby conforming the Rule with current law.
Tuesday, June 24
- Citizens Property Insurance Corporation (“Citizens”) Committee meetings. To view the respective meeting notices, click on the following hyperlinks:
Wednesday, June 25
- Citizens Board of Governors meeting; 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Winter Park, Florida. Teleconference: (888) 942-8686; conference ID: 5743735657#. To view the meeting notice, click here. Materials are forthcoming.
Friday, July 11
- Florida Division of Administrative Hearings Rule Development Workshop; 12:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. Proposed amendments to procedural Rules applicable to workers’ compensation adjudications before judges of compensation claims in accordance with Sections 440.015 and 440.44(2), Florida Statutes. To view the Workshop notice, click here.
Tuesday, July 22
- Florida Surplus Lines Service Office Board of Governors meeting; 1:00 p.m. Sarasota, Florida.
Should you have any comments or questions, please contact Colodny Fass& Webb.
To unsubscribe from this newsletter, please send an email to Brooke Ellis at firstname.lastname@example.org.