Florida Insurance Calendar: January 7 – 11
Jan 4, 2013
Following is a listing of Florida insurance-related legislative and regulatory events for the week of January 7 – 11, 2012:
All times are Eastern Time (“ET”). Additional information is available via hyperlink where noted in bold type.
FLORIDA INSURANCE LEGISLATIVE EVENTS
No insurance-related legislative events are scheduled.
FLORIDA INSURANCE REGULATORY EVENTS
Tuesday, January 8
- Florida Hurricane Catastrophe Fund (“FHCF”) Rule Development Workshop; 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Discussion will include proposed amendments to Rules 19-8.028, 19-8.029 and 19-8.030 pertaining to insurer exposure and loss reporting requirements for the 2013/2014 FHCF Contract Year, FHCF reimbursement premium formula requirements and insurer responsibilities. Teleconference: 888-670-3525; conference code 7135858151. To view the Workshop notice, click here.
- FHCF Advisory Council meeting; 1:00 p.m. The Council will meet to obtain approval to file a Notice of Proposed Rule for 19-8.029, entitled “Insurer Reporting Requirements,” and Rule 19-8.030, entitled “Insurer Responsibilities,” and to file these Rules for adoption if no member of the public requests a rule hearing on a timely basis, or if a hearing is requested, but no Notice of Change is needed. Teleconference: 888-670-3525; conference code: 7135858151. To view the meeting notice, click here.
Wednesday, January 9
- Florida Division of Workers’ Compensation Three-Member Panel meeting; 1:00 p.m. Tallahassee, Florida. Consideration of adoption of a methodology for reimbursing hospitals 60 and 75 percent of usual and customary charges for outpatient services; re-adoption of the per-diem rates schedule for hospital inpatient care or a revision to the current schedule; re-adoption of the ambulatory surgical center schedule of rates; and re-adoption of the 2012 Health Care Provider Reimbursement Manual, which is still pending ratification by the Florida Legislature. To view the meeting notice, click here.
Thursday, January 10
- Florida Office of Insurance Regulation (“OIR”) Proposed Rule Hearing; 9:30 a.m.
- Proposed amendments to Rule 69O-170.0155 would update and revise Form OIR-B1-1809, “Health Care Provider Certification of Eligibility,” for Personal Injury Protection (“PIP”) benefits to reflect statutory revisions as the result of HB 119. The changes are technical in nature. To view the hearing notice, click here.
- Proposed amendments to Rule 69O-176.013 would finalize Emergency Rule changes to Form OIR-B1-1149, “Notification of Personal Injury Protection Benefits,” in accordance with statutory revisions resulting from HB 119. Form OIR-B1-1149 now reflects that PIP benefits are allocated for emergency medical treatment and a flat $5,000 death benefit. The Form was also amended to incorporate technical edits regarding fraud reporting and billing disclosures. To view the hearing notice, click here.
Friday, January 11
- Florida Division of Insurance Agent and Agency Services Rule Development Workshop; 10:00 a.m. Review of proposed amendments to Rules 69B-228.180 and 69B-228.220, F.A.C., which relate to continuing education requirements for insurance and bail bond agents, claims adjusters and related educators that would require most licensees to complete a five-hour license-specific update course every two years, effective October 1, 2014. The proposed Rules also will allow continuing education providers to develop and implement appropriate course materials. To view the workshop notice, click here.
Monday, January 14
- Florida Division of Workers’ Compensation (“DWC”) Proposed Rule Hearing; 10:00 a.m. Proposed amendments to Rule 69L-6.012 (See January 22 entry) render Rule 69L-6.009 duplicative and unnecessary, and it is therefore proposed for repeal. To view the hearing notice, click here.
- DWC Proposed Rule Hearing; 10:30 a.m. Proposed repeal of Rule 69L-3.001, which explains that the purpose of Rule Chapter 69L-3 is to establish employer and insurer responsibilities of recording and reporting workers’ compensation accident information under Chapter 440, F.S. The Rule supplies no information or guidance that is not already provided throughout the balance of Rule Chapter 69L-3. To view the hearing notice, click here.
- Florida Workers’ Compensation Insurance Guaranty Association Board of Directors meeting; 2:00 p.m. Tallahassee, Florida. To view the meeting notice, click here.
Wednesday, January 16
- Florida Board of Employee Leasing Companies (“BELC”) Board meeting; 10:00 a.m. Teleconference: 866-370-6525; participant code: 7489217568#. To view the meeting notice, click here.
Friday, January 18
- Florida Automobile Joint Underwriting Association meeting; 9:00 a.m. Lake Mary, Florida. Agenda includes review of claims provider performance in claims handling. To view the meeting notice, click here.
Tuesday, January 22
- DWC Rule Development Workshop; 10:30 a.m. Proposed amendments to Rule 69L-6.012, entitled “Notice of Election to be Exempt,” would implement applicable sections of HB 941, enacted in 2012. The proposed Rule provides for electronic submission of exemption applications (Form DFS-F2-DWC-250, “Notice of Election to be Exempt”) through the DWC’s system, along with streamlined reporting requirements. To view the Workshop notice, click here.
Wednesday, January 23
- Florida Surplus Lines Service Office Board of Governors Quarterly Meeting; 9:00 a.m. Tallahassee, Florida. To view the meeting notice, click here.
Thursday, January 31
- Florida Medical Malpractice Joint Underwriting Association (“FMMJUA”) Compensation Committee meeting; 3:00 p.m. Key West, Florida. To view the meeting notice, click here.
- FMMJUA Audit Committee meeting; 3:30 p.m. Key West, Florida. To view the meeting notice, click here.
- FMMJUA Claims and Underwriting Committee meeting; 4:00 p.m. Key West, Florida. To view the meeting notice, click here.
Friday, February 1
- FMMJUA Board of Governors meeting; 9:00 a.m. Key West, Florida. Agenda includes consideration of quarterly reports from the Investment Counsel, General Counsel, Servicing Carrier, Claims Committee, Audit Committee, General Manager. To view the meeting notice, click here.
- The Annual Meeting of Board membership will immediately follow, with consideration of yearly reports from the Association’s Chairman, Servicing Carrier, General Manager included on the agenda. To view the meeting notice, click here.
Thursday, February 14
- Florida Workers’ Compensation Joint Underwriting Association (“FWCJUA”) Investment Committee meeting; 10:00 a.m. To view the meeting notice, click here.
Thursday, February 21
- FWCJUA Board of Governors meeting; 10:00 a.m. To view the meeting notice, click here.
Tuesday, March 19
- BELC Board meeting; 10:00 a.m. Teleconference: 888-670-3525; conference code: 7489217568#. To view the meeting notice, click here.
Friday, March 22
- Citizens Property Insurance Corporation Board of Governors meeting; 9:00 a.m. Additional information is forthcoming. To view the meeting notice, click here.
Should you have any questions or comments, please contact Colodny Fass& Webb.
To unsubscribe from this newsletter, please send an email to Brooke Ellis at firstname.lastname@example.org.