Florida Insurance Calendar: February 10 – 14
Feb 7, 2014
Following is a listing of Florida insurance-related legislative and regulatory events for the week of February 10-14, 2014. All times are shown in Eastern Time.
Additional information is available via hyperlink where noted in bold type.
FLORIDA INSURANCE LEGISLATIVE EVENTS
Tuesday, February 11
- Florida Senate Committee on Banking and Insurance meeting; 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Agenda includes consideration of the following bill:
- SB 708 relating to Insurance Claims by Senator Aaron Bean
- Florida House Insurance and Banking Subcommittee meeting; 3:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. Agenda includes consideration of the followng bills:
FLORIDA INSURANCE REGULATORY EVENTS
Wednesday, February 12
- Florida Workers’ Compensation Joint Underwriting Association (“FWCJUA”) Operations Committee meeting. To view the agenda, click here.
Thursday, February 13
- Florida Division of Insurance Agents and Agency Services (“IAAS”) Proposed Rule Hearing; 10:00 a.m. If amended, Proposed Rule 69B-231.090, “Penalties for Violation of Section 626.621,” will impose the highest identical penalty, if available, or a substantially similar penalty to the highest penalty imposed for a violation of subsection 626.621(13), F.S. When substantially similar penalties are not available, the Rule would impose specified penalties based upon whether the order contains allegations or findings related to monetary loss, fraud, misappropriation, conversion or the unlawful withholding of money. A violation of Section 626.621(14), F.S., will result in the imposition of a six-month suspension. To view the Hearing notice, click here.
- FWCJUA meetings. To view the meeting notices, click here.
Tuesday, February 18
- IAAS Rule Development Workshop; 10:00 a.m. Proposed Rule 69B-162.011 would be amended to conform with revisions to Section 627.4554, F.S., as enacted by SB 166. SB 166 substantially revised Florida consumer protection laws relating to the sales of annuities by incorporating the 2010 National Association of Insurance Commissioners (“NAIC”) Suitability in Annuity Transactions Model Regulation. The proposed Rule extends protections previously afforded senior consumers in annuity transactions to consumers of any age. Forms DFS-H1-1980 and DFS-H1-1981 would be revised to reflect the standards, procedures and guidelines of the 2010 NAIC Annuity Suitability Model Regulation, and Section 627.4554, F.S. To view the Workshop notice, click here.
Thursday, February 20
- FWCJUA Board of Governors meeting; 10:00 a.m. To view the agenda, click here.
Monday, March 3
- Florida Division of Workers’ Compensation (“DWC”) Proposed Rule Hearing; 10:00 a.m. Proposed Rule Chapter 69L-3 would be amended to clarify that the filing of paper documents, when approved by the DWC, does not supersede the requirements for electronic submittal of claims information, as specified under Rule Chapter 69L-56. The rulemaking also updates terminology and contact information, deletes an obsolete form and related language, and makes additional technical changes. To view the Hearing notice, click here.
Tuesday, March 4
- Florida DWC Proposed Rule Hearing; 10:00 a.m. Proposed amendments to Rule 69L-7.501 would adopt the 2014 edition of the Florida Workers’ Compensation Reimbursement Manual for Hospitals. The Manual incorporates a fee schedule reimbursement methodology for certain hospital outpatient services based on CPT line level charge data including an adjustment based upon defined geographic areas in Florida. To view the hearing notice, click here.
Wednesday, March 12
- Citizens Property Insurance Corporation (“Citizens”) Board of Governors meeting; 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Teleconference: 888-942-8686′ Access Code: 5743735657#.
Wednesday, March 19
- Florida Board of Employee Leasing Companies Board meeting; 10:00 a.m. Teleconference: (888) 670-3525; conference code: 7489217568#. To view the meeting notice, click here.
Should you have any comments or questions, please contact Colodny Fass& Webb.
To unsubscribe from this newsletter, please send an email to Brooke Ellis at email@example.com.