Florida Insurance Calendar–August 4-8, 2014
Aug 1, 2014
Following is a listing of Florida insurance-related regulatory events for the week of August 4-8, 2014. All times are shown in Eastern Time.
Additional information is available via hyperlink where noted in bold type.
FLORIDA INSURANCE REGULATORY EVENTS
Wednesday, August 6
- Florida Office of Insurance Regulation (“OIR”) Rule Development Workshop; 9:30 a.m.
- Rule 69O-137.001 would be amended to adopt the 2014 National Association of Insurance Commissioners (“NAIC”) Quarterly Statement Manuals, the 2013 NAIC Annual Statement Instructions Manuals, and the 2013 and 2014 NAIC Accounting Practices and Procedures Manuals. To view the Workshop notice, click here.
- Rule 69O-138.001 would be amended to adopt the 2013 and 2014 NAIC Financial Condition Examiners Handbooks. To view the Workshop notice, click here.
Thursday, August 7
- Federal Advisory Committee on Insurance meeting; 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Washington, D.C. To register, click here. To view the meeting notice, click here.
Wednesday, August 13
- Florida Division of Workers’ Compensation Proposed Rule Hearing; 9:30 a.m. Proposed amendments to Rule 69L-6.012, “Election to be Exempt,” would conform to applicable provisions of Chapter 440, F.S. relating to the process by which corporate officers may apply to be exempt from Florida’s workers’ compensation coverage requirements. The proposed Rule would also revise online Form DFS-F2-DWC-250 (Notice of Election to Be Exempt) in order to accommodate application by non-construction industry employers. To view the Hearing notice, click here.
- Florida Workers’ Compensation Joint Underwriting Association (“FWCJUA”) Investment Committee meeting; 10:00 a.m. To view the meeting notice, click here. To view the agenda, click here.
Thursday, August 14
- FWCJUA Operations Committee meeting; 10:00 a.m. To view the meeting notice, click here. To view the agenda, click here.
- FWCJUA Audit Committee meeting; 11:00 a.m. To view the meeting notice, click here. To view the agenda, click here.
Tuesday, August 19
- Florida Self-Insurers Guaranty Association Board of Directors meeting; 2:30 p.m. Orlando, Florida.
Wednesday, August 20
- Florida Division of Administrative Hearings Proposed Rule Hearing; 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.; Orlando, Florida. Revisions to Chapter 60Q-6, F.A.C. relating to procedural rules for adjudication of workers’ compensation claims, would modify definitions, implement mandatory electronic filing, streamline service of pleadings and promote timely resolution of attorneys’ fees and costs, among other changes. To view the Hearing notice, which includes the complete text of all proposed Rules under this Chapter, click here.
Thursday, August 21
- FWCJUA Reinsurance Committee meeting; 2:00 p.m. To view the meeting notice, click here. To view the agenda, click here.
Wednesday, August 27
- FWCJUA Rates and Forms Committee meeting; 2:00 p.m. To view the meeting notice, click here.
Tuesday, September 9
- Florida Cabinet meeting; 9:00 a.m.
- OIR agenda
- A repeal of Rules 69O-123.001, “Purpose” and 69O-123.002, “Procedure,” relating to the filing of civil remedy notices is proposed because the Florida Department of Financial Services (“DFS”) administers the applicable statutory requirements by Rule 69J-123.002. F.A.C. The OIR does not enforce the provisions of the filing requirements, therefore the Rules are deemed as unnecessary.
- A repeal of Rule Chapter 69O-228 relating to continuing education requirements of insurance representatives is proposed, inasmuch as the OIR does not exercise authority over insurance representatives. Rather, this is the role of the DFS.
- Consideration of proposed amendments to Rule 69O-148.001, which addresses requirements for insurance policies that fund annuities and preneed contracts. Currently, the Rule caps the maximum face amount at $7,500 and the statute caps it at $12,500. The proposed Rule would remove the dollar amount cap and refer instead to the statute, thereby conforming the Rule with current law.
- OIR agenda
Wednesday, September 10
- FWCJUA Annual Membership and Board of Governors meeting; 10:00 a.m. To view the meeting notice, click here.
Wednesday, September 17
- Florida Workers’ Compensation Insurance Guaranty Association (“FWCIGA”) Board of Directors meeting; 3:00 p.m. Tallahassee, Florida. To view the meeting notice, click here.
Wednesday, September 24
- Florida Citizens Property Insurance Corporation Board of Governors meeting; 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Orlando, Florida. Teleconference: 888-942-8686; access code: 5743735657#. To view the meeting notice, click here.
Should you have any comments or questions, please contact Colodny Fass& Webb.
To unsubscribe from this newsletter, please send an email to Brooke Ellis at email@example.com.