Florida Insurance Calendar: August 23 – 27
Aug 20, 2010
Following is a listing of insurance-related Florida regulatory events for the week of August 23-27, 2010:
All times are Eastern Time. Additional information is available via hyperlink were noted in bold type.
FLORIDA INSURANCE REGULATORY EVENTS
Monday, August 23
- Florida Agency for Health Care Administration (“Agency”) Rule Development Hearing; 9:00 a.m. Proposed amendments to the Rules below would specify requirements and procedures for case management, quality assurance and medical records, dispute resolution and reporting data on grievances. The proposed Rules also would clarify workers’ compensation managed care arrangement definitions. To view the meeting notice, click here.
Wednesday, August 25
- FWCJUA Reinsurance Committee meeting; 2:00 p.m. To view the agenda, click here.
- Citizens Property Insurance Corporation (“Citizens”) Market Accountability Advisory Committee meeting; 1:00 p.m. Teleconference: 866-526-0550. To view the meeting notice, click here.
- Citizens Audit Committee meeting; 2:30 p.m. Teleconference: 877-260-2826. To view the meeting notice, click here.
- Citizens Finance and Investment Committee meeting; 4:00 p.m. Teleconference: 888-277-7951. To view the meeting notice, click here.
Thursday, August 26
- Florida Cabinet, 9:00 a.m. To view the agenda, click here.
- Citizens Board of Governors meeting; 9:00 a.m. Teleconference: (888) 295-6211. To view the meeting notice, click here.
- National Association of Insurance Commissioners Catastrophe Risk Subgroup meeting; 2:00 p.m.
Monday, August 30
- FWCJUA Operations Committee meeting; 10:00 a.m. To view the meeting notice, click here.
Tuesday, August 31
- Florida Department of Revenue (“DOR”) Rule Development Workshop; 2:00 p.m. Proposed Rule 12B-8.003: Tax Statement; Overpayments. Proposed Rule amendments would adopt changes to forms used by the DOR in the administration of the insurance premium tax. To view the meeting notice, click here.
Wednesday, September 8
- FWCJUA Annual Membership and Board of Governors meeting; 9:00 a.m. To view the meeting notice, click here.
Thursday, September 9
- Florida Workers’ Compensation Insurance Guaranty Association Board meeting; 10:00 a.m. To view the meeting notice, click here.
Monday, September 13
- Florida Department of Financial Services/Florida Office of Insurance Regulation (“OIR”) Proposed Rule Hearing, 9:30 a.m. Proposed Rules 69M-236.001; .002; .003; .004; .005 relating to Florida’s Annual Residential Property Insurer Report Card. To view the meeting notice, click here.
Tuesday, September 14
- Florida Cabinet; 9:00 a.m. Complete agenda not yet posted.
- OIR agenda items:
- For final adoption:
- Proposed Rules relating to the incorporation of a new category of Motor Vehicle Service Agreement Companies called “Motor Vehicle Manufacturers”
- Proposed amendments to Rule 69O-149.303: Form and Marketing Standards. Relates to the standard disclosure form required to be used in the Cover Florida Health Care Access Program. To view the meeting notice, click here.
- For final adoption:
- OIR agenda items:
Wednesday, September 15
- Florida Division of Insurance Agents and Agency Services Proposed Rule Hearing, 9:30 a.m. Proposed Rules would repeal the requirement (and exemptions from that requirement) that Florida insurance-related licensees have a photograph on their insurance license identification cards and also permit licensees to print the cards electronically. To view the meeting notice, click here.
Monday, September 20
- Florida Division of Insurance Agent and Agency Services Rule Development Workshop; 9:30 a.m. Proposed Rule 69B-210.005 would define the term “unlawful inducement” and provides examples of prohibited acts and practices that are general unlawful inducements to purchase insurance. A secondary workshop on similar title insurance issues will be held at 2:30 p.m. for proposed Rule 69B-210.010.
Wednesday, September 22
- OIR Rule Development Workshop; 9:30 a.m. Proposed revisions to Rule 69O-170.0155: Forms. Relates to Form OIR-B1-1802, which is also known as the Uniform Mitigation Verification Inspection Form.
Thursday, September 24
- OIR Florida Health Insurance Advisory Board; Second hearing on Medical Loss Ratios.
Should you have any questions or comments, please contact Colodny Fass.
To unsubscribe from this newsletter, please send an email to email@example.com.