Florida House Insurance and Banking Subcommittee to Consider Citizens Clearinghouse, Other Insurance-Related Legislation at March 6 Meeting
Mar 5, 2013
The Florida House Insurance and Banking Subcommittee (“Subcommittee”) will meet tomorrow, March 6, 2013, from 1:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. in 404 House Office Building, during which it will consider various bills, including legislation that would create a Citizens Property Insurance Corporation (“Citizens”) clearinghouse program. To view the meeting notice, click here.
Specifically, the Subcommittee will consider the following insurance-related legislation:
- CS/HB 229 — Land Trusts
- HB 509 — Financial Guaranty Insurance Corporations
- HB 635 — Insurance
- HB 665 — Licensure by Office of Financial Regulation
- HB 675 — Health Insurance Marketing Materials
- Proposed Committee Substitute for HB 573 — Manufactured and Mobile Homes
- Proposed Committee Substitute for HB 835 — Citizens Property Insurance Corporation (“Citizens”)
- Proposed Committee Bill (“PCB”) IBS 13-01 — Citizens Clearinghouse Program
- Proposed Committee Bill IBS 13-02 — Public Records / Citizens Clearinghouse Program
PCB IBS 13-01 would create a clearinghouse program in Citizens for new and renewal policies. PCB IBS 13-02 would allow for an exemption from the public records law for certain information provided by insurers to Citizens as part of the clearinghouse program.
Attached are PCB IBS 13-01 and PCB IBS 13-02 and the staff analyses for those bills.
Should you have any questions or comments, please contact Colodny Fass& Webb.
To unsubscribe from this newsletter, please send an email to Brooke Ellis at email@example.com