Capitol to Courthouse Florida Insurance Report – Wednesday, November 09, 2016
Nov 9, 2016
Despite Hillary Clinton’s large margins in Miami-Dade County and Broward County, Trump ran up the score elsewhere in the State — from the Deep South Panhandle to the interior of Florida to Peninsula’s Southwest, a bastion of working-class whites and retirees from the Midwest who pushed him over the top. Politico Florida’s Marc Caputo and Kyle Chaney reports.
- Rick Scott Congratulates Donald Trump, Says Elites Were Wrong Again
- Down-Ballot Races Throughout Florida Provided Some Interesting Results As Well
- What Happens to Civil Lawsuits Filed Against President-Elect Trump?
Despite a redrawing of the Map in Florida through redistricting, Democrats made only slight gains in winning more Seats in the U.S. House of Representatives. Politico Florida’s Daniel Ducassi reports.
- Crist Goes to Congress, Mica Unseated
- The Resurrection of Crist
- Matt Gaetz Wins District 1 Congressional Seat
- Kathy Castor, Dennis Ross Returning to Congress
- DeSantis Wins Third Term in Congress
- Yoho Wins Third Term in Congress
- U.S. House Race Victors: Rooney Wins First Bid for Public Office; Diaz-Balart Re-Elected
- U.S. House District 11: Webster Wins Big
- Political Newcomer Democrat Murphy Pulls Stunner, Unseats Mica
GOP Incumbents were Re-Elected to House Seats across the State during Tuesday’s General Contests, most facing no serious challengers but some of whom were engaged in competitive races. Politico Florida’s Jessica Bakeman reports.
- Richard Corcoran Counts His Wins in the Florida House
- Incumbent Legislators Earn Mixed Results in Bids for Local Office
- Drake Returns to Florida House District 5 Seat
- Republican Incumbent Kathleen Peters Wins District 69 Seat in Florida House
- State House 23: McClain Cruises to Win
- Paul Renner Re-Elected to State District 24 Seat
- Mike La Rosa Wins Third Term in Florida House District 42
- Santiago Snags Another 2 years Term in Legislature
- Ross Spano Victorious Over Rena Frazier in HD 59
- Ingram, White to Represent Panhandle in House
- Blaise Ingoglia Headed Back to Tallahassee After Easy Win in House District 35
- Democrat Loranne Ausley Wins House District 9
- Republicans Win Two Brevard County Races
- Shawn Harrison Holds On in Rough-and-Tumble HD 63 Race
Two of the losses come in overwhelmingly Democratic-Leaning Miami-Dade County, where the underfunded Democratic Candidates were not able to topple Incumbent Lawmakers who put together strong Campaigns. Politico Florida’s Matt Dixon reports.
- Perry Slides Past Smith for New State Senate Seat
- Greg Steube Breaks the Mold with His Win
- Montford to Keep State Senate Seat
- Diaz de la Portilla and Bullard Defeated in State Senate Upsets
Long before the first polling places opened on Election Day 2016, the race for the 2020 Republican Presidential Nomination was already under way. The Washington Post reports via the Tampa Bay Times.
All Three Judges were appointed by Former Governor Charlie Crist, who only served four years as Governor but had Four Appointments to the State’s Highest Court. Politico Florida’s Christine Sexton reports.
Floridians overwhelmingly approved a Ballot Measure on Tuesday to expand Medical Marijuana in the Sunshine State. Politico Florida’s Daniel Ducassi reports.
Opponents frequently cited a dissenting opinion by Florida Supreme Court Justice Barbara Pariente, who called the Proposal a “Proverbial ‘Wolf in Sheep’s Clothing'” when the Court approved the Measure earlier this year. Politico Florida’s Bruce Ritchie reports.
In Two Issues that received relatively little attention, Voters on Tuesday night overwhelmingly approved Two Constitutional Amendments that could lead to Property-Tax Breaks for Disabled First Responders and some Seniors, the Lakeland Ledger reports.
Florida is asking the Federal Government for permission to extend a five-year-old program that funnels most Medicaid Patients into Private Insurance Plans in an ongoing effort to save money. Kim Doleatto reports for the Sarasota Herald-Tribune.
Washington State Voters have elected Democrat Mike Kreidler to a Fifth Term as Insurance Commissioner. Democrat Trinidad Navarro, currently a County Sheriff, won the race for Delaware Insurance Commissioner, PCI reports.
California Insurance Commissioner Dave Jones on Tuesday issued a decision requiring State Farm Insurance Co. to reduce its dwelling Insurance Rates by an average of 7.0 percent, resulting is $78.6 million in annual savings for California Policyholders, Insurance Journal reports.
Justices seem likely to uphold Jury Verdict against State Farm, Insurance Journal reports.
China’s Insurance Regulator urges Evergrande to avoid speculation in Stocks, focus on Principles of Long-Term Value Investment. The South China Morning Post reports.
Hamilton Insurance Group recently joined forces with AIG and Two Sigma to form Attune, a Data Science-Driven Platform to make it easier for Small Businesses to get Insurance. Hamilton CEO Brian Duppereault spoke with Insurance Networking News’ Nathan Golia on what motivated the company’s partnership and how the insurtech trend is pushing all players to do more.
To unsubscribe from this newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.