South Florida Business Law
South Florida Business Law and Governmental Consulting
For nearly 45 years, the business lawyers of Colodny Fass have handled the substantial legal interests of all types of corporate contractual and transactional matters, and the negotiation and drafting thereof in Broward County and the South Florida Tri-County area.
In fact, Colodny Fass Managing Partner Mike Colodny was recently named on the list of South Florida’s Power Bankers by the South Florida Business Journal. The Firm has also represented banks and other forms of business entities in corporate matters with regard to sophisticated contract work.
Our lawyers and regulatory consultants have been involved in numerous transactional matters throughout the country pertaining to corporate mergers, acquisitions, restructurings and liquidations, including major real estate deals with values in excess of several hundred million dollars in the aggregate per transaction. We frequently provide clients with legal evaluations of transaction, regulatory and compliance issues.
Colodny Fass is called upon daily by its private sector clients to draft contracts, evaluate singular contract issues such as vendor contracts; and provide assistance with related contractual implementation and regulatory issues, such as:
- Evaluation of the business purpose and contractual arrangements necessary to achieve stated objectives
- Review of requirements and allocation of respective responsibilities for each contractual arrangement
- Assisting in evaluating business terms and legal, operational and compliance responsibilities
- Negotiating contractual provisions
- Preparing and finalizing contract documentation
- Ensuring compliance with applicable governmental and regulatory requirements
- Assistance with post contract implementation, amendment and dispute resolution, if needed
With respect to the mergers, Colodny Fass has handled all contractual aspects of these transactions, including revisions to corporate documents, such as bylaws, drafting of resolutions, corporate restructuring of holding company systems, the drafting of transactional documents for entities within a holding company system, name change of surviving entity and securing all required regulatory approvals. We have also consulted with clients on structuring of affiliate arrangements, evaluation of the laws of numerous states on transaction requirements and evaluation of regulatory compliance issues, as well as negotiations with applicable regulators.
Further, the Colodny Fass corporate transactional lawyers have assisted and provided invaluable contractual expertise to our Litigation Division in their representation of clients in Florida and federal court, and in arbitration forums when litigating complex disputes involving various forms of contractual and transactional disagreements, including:
- Breach of contract
- Business Ownership and Contract Conflicts
- Theft of trade secrets
- Corporate fraud
- Management disputes
- Employment disputes
- Non-compete agreements
- Unfair competition
- Receivership proceedings
- Intentional interference with business relationships
- Fraudulent transfers
- Breach of fiduciary duties
- Derivative suits
- Corporate and partnership disputes and dissolutions
- Fraud and conspiracy claims
- Professional malpractice (legal, accounting and engineering)
- Bad faith claims
- Claims seeking to pierce the corporate veil to collect on judgments