U.S. House Financial Services Committee to Review Bailout Implementation Oversight, Government Lending and Insurance Facilities
Nov 17, 2008
The full U.S. House Financial Services Committee will meet on Tuesday, November 18, 2008 at 9:30 a.m. for a hearing entitled “Oversight of Implementation of the Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008 and of Government Lending and Insurance Facilities; Impact on Economy and Credit Availability.”
Among those scheduled to testify is The Honorable D. Cameron Findlay, Aon Corporation Executive Vice President and General Counsel, who will speak on behalf of The Council of Insurance Agents & Brokers.
The scheduled Witness List is below:
• The Honorable Henry M. Paulson, Jr., Secretary, U.S. Department of the Treasury
• The Honorable Ben S. Bernanke, Chairman, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System
• The Honorable Sheila C. Bair, Chairman, Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation
• The Honorable Steve Bartlett, President and Chief Executive Officer, Financial Services Roundtable
• Mr. Edward L. Yingling, President and Chief Executive Officer, American Bankers Association
• Ms. Cynthia Blankenship, Vice Chairman and Chief Operating Officer, Bank of the West on behalf of The Independent Community Bankers of America
• The Honorable D. Cameron Findlay, Executive Vice President and General Counsel, Aon Corporation on behalf of The Council of Insurance Agents & Brokers
• Dr. Alan S. Blinder, Gordon S. Rentschler Memorial Professor of Economics and Co-Director of the Center for Economic Policy Studies, Princeton University
• Dr. Martin S. Feldstein, George F. Baker Professor of Economics, Harvard University and President Emeritus, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
In other financial regulatory news, on Friday, November 14, the President’s Working Group announced initiatives to strengthen over-the-counter derivatives oversight and infrastructure. To read the U.S. Treasury’s complete news release, click here.
To unsubscribe from this newsletter, please send an email to email@example.com.