NAIC Spring 2012 National Meeting Summaries
Mar 27, 2012
The National Association of Insurance Commissioners (“NAIC”) recently held its Spring 2012 National Meeting in New Orleans, Louisiana.
On the final day of the event, which took place from March 3 through March 6, the NAIC’s Executive Committee and Plenary took the following actions, among others:
- Adopted the Health Carrier Grievance Procedure Model Act (#72)
- Adopted the Utilization Review and Benefit Determination Model Act (#73)
- Adopted the Consumer Alert: Limited Medical Benefit Insurance Plans/Mini-Med Plans
- Adopted the NAIC Own Risk and Solvency Assessment (ORSA) Guidance Manual
- Adopted the Accreditation Standards in the 2008 revisions of the Model Regulation to Define Standards and Commissioner’s Authority for Companies Deemed to be in Hazardous Financial Condition (#385)
- Adopted revisions to the Capital and Surplus Part A Standard Applicable to Risk Retention Groups
- Received an update on the states’ adoption of NAIC model laws and regulations.
To access additional information about the event, including the meeting agendas, final registration list and other materials, click here. A matrix of meeting summaries is below via hyperlinks where noted in bold type.
Should you have any questions or comments, please contact Colodny Fass.
To unsubscribe from this newsletter, please send an email to Brooke Ellis at firstname.lastname@example.org.