Florida Workers’ Compensation Exemption Election Form Rule Deemed Duplicative; Proposed Repeal Hearing Generates No Interest
Jul 23, 2013
A Florida Division of Workers’ Compensation (“DWC”) Rule Hearing scheduled for today, July 23, 2013, on the proposed repeal of Rule 69L-6.009, “Forms and Instructions,” was not requested by any member of the public, and therefore not held.
The Hearing had been scheduled because Rule 69L-6.012, “Notice of Election to be Exempt,” was amended to incorporate by reference all forms contained in Rule 69L-6.009, thus rendering Rule 69L-6.009 duplicative and unnecessary, according to the DWC.
Now, unless the DWC issues a related Notice of Change, the proposed repeal will be scheduled for final adoption by the Florida Cabinet.
Rule 69L-6.009 incorporated the following forms, all of which were most recently updated in 2008:
- DWC 250: Notice of Election to be Exempt and instructions for same (Instructions for Completing Notice of Election to be Exempt
- DWC 250-R: Revocation of Election to be Exempt
- DWC 251: Notice of Election of Coverage
- DWC 251-R: Revocation of Election of Coverage
- DWC 252: Certificate of Election to be Exempt
Should you have any questions or comments, please contact Colodny Fass& Webb.
To unsubscribe from this newsletter, please send an email to Brooke Ellis at firstname.lastname@example.org.