Florida Insurance Calendar: September 30 – October 4
Sep 27, 2013
Following is a listing of Florida insurance-related legislative and regulatory events for the week of September 30-October 4, 2013:
All times are shown in Eastern Time. Additional information is available via hyperlink where noted in bold type.
FLORIDA INSURANCE LEGISLATIVE EVENTS
2013-2014 Florida Legislative Interim Committee Meetings
There are no meetings scheduled the week of September 30.
FLORIDA INSURANCE REGULATORY EVENTS
Tuesday, October 1
- Florida Office of Insurance Regulation (“OIR”) Public Rate Hearing: National Council on Compensation Insurance (“NCCI”); 9:00 a.m. Consideration of an NCCI workers’ compensation filing for an overall average increase in rate levels of 1 percent for the voluntary market for all new and renewal policies written in Florida, effective January 1, 2014. To view the hearing notice, click here. To view the agenda, click here.
Wednesday, October 9
- OIR Public Rate Hearing: State Farm Florida Insurance Company (“State Farm”); 9:00 a.m. State Farm has requested an average statewide rate increase of 35.1 percent for its rental dwelling program. This would result in an average premium effect of 25.6 percent. The difference between the rate change and the premium effect is because the company has also requested the elimination of all flat deductibles and create minimum deductibles of 2 percent for hurricane and 1 percent for all other perils. To view the hearing notice, click here.
- Florida Surplus Lines Service Office (“FSLSO”) Budget Committee meeting; 2:00 p.m. Tallahassee, Florida. Discussion of 2014 FSLSO budget proposal. To view the meeting notice, click here.
Thursday, October 10
- FSLSO Board of Governors meeting; 9:00 a.m. Tallahassee, Florida. To view the meeting notice, click here.
Tuesday, October 15
- OIR hearing: National Mortgage Insurance Corporation (“NMIC”); 10:00 a.m. Tallahassee, Florida. Consideration of NMIC’s application for a Certificate of Authority as a property and casualty insurance company writing mortgage guaranty insurance. To view the hearing notice, click here.
Wednesday, October 16
- Florida Board of Employee Leasing Companies (“BELC”) Board meeting; 10:00 a.m. Teleconference: 888-670-3525; conference code: 7489217568#. To view the meeting notice, click here.
Friday, October 18
- Florida Department of Financial Services (“DFS”) Rule Development Workshop; 10:00 a.m. Proposed amendments to Rules 69J-166.002 and 69J-166.031, relating to mediation of residential and commercial residential property insurance claims, would incorporate changes made by Chapter 2012-151, Laws of Florida, and the opinion of the Third District Court of Appeal in Fernando Subirats v. Fidelity National Property, 106 So. 3d 997 (Fla. 3rd DCA 2013). To view the workshop notice, click here.
Monday, October 21
- DFS Proposed Rule Hearing; 9:30 a.m. Section 626.9895, F.S., authorized the Division of Insurance Fraud to establish a direct-support organization to support the prosecution, investigation and prevention of motor vehicle insurance fraud, to be known as the “Automobile Insurance Fraud Strike Force.” Section 626.9895(5)(c), F.S., requires the Department of Financial Services (“DFS”) to adopt rules prescribing the procedures by which the Strike Force is governed and any conditions with which the Strike Force must comply to use the Division’s property. To view the Workshop notice, click here.
Friday, October 25
- OIR hearing; 10:00 a.m. The Florida Legislature has directed the OIR to “review Florida law and regulations to determine whether there are adequate protections for purchasers of life insurance policies in the secondary life insurance market to ensure that this market continues to exist for Florida seniors.” A report on the findings will be issued to the Legislature by December 1, 2013. To view the hearing notice, click here.
Wednesday, November 13
- Florida Workers’ Compensation Joint Underwriting Association (“FWCJUA”) Investment Committee meeting; 10:00 a.m. To view the meeting notice, click here.
- BELC Board meeting; 11:00 a.m. St. Augustine, Florida. To view the meeting notice, click here.
Thursday, November 14
- BELC Board meeting; 9:00 a.m. St. Augustine, Florida. To view the meeting notice, click here.
- FWCJUA Audit Committee meeting; 10:00 a.m. To view the meeting notice, click here.
Wednesday, December 18
- BELC Board meeting; 10:00 a.m. Teleconference: 888-670-3525; conference code: 7489217568#. To view the meeting notice, click here.
Should you have any comments or questions, please contact Colodny Fass& Webb.
To unsubscribe from this newsletter, please send an email to Brooke Ellis at email@example.com.