Florida Insurance Calendar: October 14 – 18
Oct 11, 2013
Following is a listing of Florida insurance-related legislative and regulatory events for the week of October 14-18, 2013:
All times are shown in Eastern Time. Additional information is available via hyperlink where noted in bold type.
FLORIDA INSURANCE LEGISLATIVE EVENTS
2013-2014 Florida Legislative Interim Committee Meetings
There are no Committee meetings scheduled this week.
FLORIDA INSURANCE REGULATORY EVENTS
Tuesday, October 15
- Florida Office of Insurance Regulation (“OIR”) hearing: National Mortgage Insurance Corporation (“NMIC”); 10:00 a.m. Tallahassee, Florida. Consideration of NMIC’s application for a Certificate of Authority as a property and casualty insurance company writing mortgage guaranty insurance. To view the hearing notice, click here.
- Florida Hurricane Catastrophe Fund (“FHCF”) Advisory Council meeting; 1:30 p.m. Discussion of October claims-paying capacity estimates. Teleconference: 888-670-3525; conference code: 7135858151. To view the meeting notice, click here.
Wednesday, October 16
- Florida Board of Employee Leasing Companies (“BELC”) Board meeting; 10:00 a.m. Teleconference: 888-670-3525; conference code: 7489217568#. To view the meeting notice, click here. To view the agenda, click here.
Friday, October 18
- Florida Department of Financial Services (“DFS”) Division of Consumer Services Rule Development Workshop; 10:00 a.m. Proposed amendments to Rules 69J-166.002 and 69J-166.031 relating to mediation of residential and commercial residential property insurance claims would incorporate changes made by Chapter 2012-151, Laws of Florida, and the opinion of the Third District Court of Appeal in Fernando Subirats v. Fidelity National Property, 106 So. 3d 997 (Fla. 3rd DCA 2013). To view the workshop notice, click here.
Monday, October 21
- DFS Division of Insurance Fraud (“DIF”) Proposed Rule Hearing on proposed Chapter: 69D-3 “Auto Insurance Strike Force.” 9:30 a.m. Section 626.9895, F.S. authorizes the DIF to establish a direct-support organization to support the prosecution, investigation and prevention of motor vehicle insurance fraud. The DFS is also required to adopt rules prescribing the procedures by which the Auto Insurance Strike Force is governed and any conditions with which it must comply to use DFS property. To view the Hearing notice and full text of the proposed Rules below, click here.
Friday, October 25
- OIR hearing; 10:00 a.m. The Florida Legislature has directed the OIR to “review Florida law and regulations to determine whether there are adequate protections for purchasers of life insurance policies in the secondary life insurance market to ensure that this market continues to exist for Florida seniors.” The OIR must issue a report to the Legislature on its findings by December 1, 2013. To view the hearing notice, click here.
Monday, November 4
- Florida Hurricane Catastrophe Fund Proposed Rule Hearing; 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Proposed amendments to Rule 19-8.010 would reflect 2014-2015 FHCF Reimbursement Contract requirements. To view the hearing notice, click here.
Wednesday, November 13
- Florida Workers’ Compensation Joint Underwriting Association (“FWCJUA”) Investment Committee meeting; 10:00 a.m. To view the meeting notice, click here.
- BELC Board meeting; 11:00 a.m. St. Augustine, Florida. To view the meeting notice, click here.
Thursday, November 14
- BELC Board meeting; 9:00 a.m. St. Augustine, Florida. To view the meeting notice, click here.
- FWCJUA Audit Committee meeting; 10:00 a.m. To view the meeting notice, click here.
- Florida Insurance Guaranty Association (“FIGA”) Finance and Audit Committee meeting. Tampa, Florida.
Tuesday, November 19
- Florida Workers’ Compensation Insurance Guaranty Association (“FWCIGA”) Audit and Investment Committees, Board of Directors meetings.
Wednesday, December 11
- FIGA Board of Directors meeting. Tampa, Florida.
Wednesday, December 18
- BELC Board meeting; 10:00 a.m. Teleconference: 888-670-3525; conference code: 7489217568#. To view the meeting notice, click here.
Should you have any comments or questions, please contact Colodny Fass& Webb.
To unsubscribe from this newsletter, please send an email to Brooke Ellis at email@example.com.