Florida Insurance Calendar: May 5 – 9
May 2, 2014
Following is a listing of Florida insurance-related regulatory events for the week of May 5-9, 2014. All times are shown in Eastern Time.
Additional information is available via hyperlink where noted in bold type.
FLORIDA INSURANCE REGULATORY EVENTS
There are no insurance-related events scheduled for this week.
Tuesday, May 13
- Florida Division of (Insurance) Agent and Agency Services Proposed Rule Hearing; 10:00 a.m. Tallahassee, Florida. Proposed amendments to Rule Chapter 69B-227, F.A.C., relating to the establishment of requirements and standards for all insurance agent, adjuster, customer or service representative pre-licensing courses. Amendments to the Chapter would also establish curriculum standards for special designation courses. To view the hearing notice and full text of the proposed Rules, click here.
Wednesday, May 14
- Florida Workers’ Compensation Joint Underwriting Association (“FWCJUA”) Investment Committee meeting; 10:00 a.m. To view the agenda, click here.
Thursday, May 15
- Florida Hurricane Catastrophe Fund/State Board of Administration Proposed Rule Hearing; 9:00 a.m. Proposed amended Rule 19-8.028, F.A.C., Reimbursement Premium Formula, would adopt the 2014-2015 Reimbursement Premium Formula and the 2014-2015 Reimbursement Premium Rates for the Florida Hurricane Catastrophe Fund. To view the hearing notice and proposed Rule text, click here.
- FWCJUA Committee meetings
Monday, May 19
- Florida Division of Workers’ Compensation Proposed Rule Hearing; 2:00 p.m. Proposed Rule 69L-4.001 would adopt a form that would be used by all carriers authorized to write workers’ compensation and workers’ compensation self-insurance funds to report quarterly assessments owed to the Workers’ Compensation Administration Trust Fund and the Special Disability Trust Fund. Proposed Rule 69L-4.002 would provide for an offset for dividends and premium refunds when calculating assessments. To view the Hearing notice, click here.
Wednesday, May 21
- FWCJUA Producer Committee meeting; 11:00 a.m. To view the meeting notice, click here.
Should you have any comments or questions, please contact Colodny Fass& Webb.
To unsubscribe from this newsletter, please send an email to Brooke Ellis at email@example.com.