Florida Insurance Calendar: March 10 – 14
Mar 7, 2014
Following is a listing of Florida insurance-related legislative and regulatory events for the week of March 10-14, 2014. All times are shown in Eastern Time.
Additional information is available via hyperlink where noted in bold type.
FLORIDA INSURANCE LEGISLATIVE EVENTS
Tuesday, March 11
- Florida House Insurance and Banking Subcommittee meeting; 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Agenda includes consideration of the following bills and proposed committee substitutes:
- HB 785 relating to Workers’ Compensation by State Representative Ben Albritton
- HB 1007 relating to Workers’ Compensation by State Representative Charles Hood
- HB 7045 relating to Open Government Sunset Review/Florida Insurance Guaranty Association by the Government Operations Subcommittee; State Representative W. Travis Cummings
- PCS for HB 743 relating to Property Insurance
- Florida Senate Committee on Banking and Insurance meeting; 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Agenda includes consideration of the following bills:
- SPB 7062 relating to Citizens Property Insurance Corporation (Proposed Committee bill)
- CS/CS/CS SB 542 relating to Flood Insurance by Appropriations; Banking and Insurance; Senator Jeff Brandes
- SB 1262 relating to Public Records and Meetings/Insurance Flood Loss Model by Senator Jeff Brandes
- SM 1058 relating to Biggert-Waters Flood Insurance Reform Act by Senator Jeff Brandes
- SB 870 relating to Insurance by Senator Chris Smith
- SB 1210 relating to Division of Insurance Agents and Agency Services by Senator Aaron Bean
- SB 952 relating to Workers’ Compensation by Senator Wilton Simpson
- SB 1300 relating to Public Records/Office of Insurance Regulation by Senator David Simmons
- SB 1308 relating to Insurer Solvency by Senator David Simmons
FLORIDA INSURANCE REGULATORY EVENTS
Tuesday, March 11
- U.S. Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs Hearing: Finding the Right Capital Regulations for Insurers; 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 a.m. For more information, click here.
- Florida Citizens Property Insurance Corporation (“Citizens”) Committee meetings:
- Market Accountability and Advisory Committee; 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Teleconference: 866-Ö²Â361-7525; participant code: 7849939192#.
- Audit Committee; 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. Teleconference: 866-361-7525; participant code: 3877541849#.
- Depopulation Committee; 2:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. Teleconference: 855-312-8651; participant code: 4458606638#.
- Finance and Investment Committee; 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Teleconference: 866-361-7525; participant code: 2478401990#.
Wednesday, March 12
- Citizens Board of Governors meeting; 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Teleconference: 888-942-8686; conference ID: 5743735657#. To view the meeting notice, click here.
Wednesday, March 19
- Florida Board of Employee Leasing Companies Board meeting; 10:00 a.m. Teleconference: 888-670-3525; conference code: 7489217568#. To view the meeting notice, click here.
Thursday, March 20
- State Board of Administration (“SBA”)/Florida Hurricane Catastrophe Fund (“FHCF”) Rule Development Workshop; 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. Discussion of premium formula requirements for the FHCF 2014-2015 Contract Year under proposed amendments to Rule 19-8.028. To view the workshop notice, click here.
- Florida Insurance Guaranty Association (“FIGA”) Finance and Audit Committee meeting; 2:30 p.m. Tampa, Florida. To view the meeting notice, click here.
Friday, March 21
- FIGA Board of Directors meeting; 9:30 a.m. Tampa, Florida. To view the meeting notice, click here.
Monday, March 31
- SBA/FHCF Proposed Rule Hearing; 9:00 a.m. Tallahassee, Florida. To view the hearing notice, click here.
- Proposed amendments to Rule 19-8.013, “Revenue Bonds Issued Pursuant to Section 215.555(6), F.S.,” would conform the Rule to legislation that changed the name of the Florida Hurricane Catastrophe Fund Finance Corporation to the State Board of Administration Finance Corporation, and to make other editorial changes.
- Proposed amendments to Rule 19-8.029, “Insurer Reporting Requirements,” would adopt the Data Call and other applicable requirements for the FHCF 2014-2015 Contract Year, revise the Rule and Forms to provide for online reporting of exposure and clarify the treatment of certain mixed-use structures.
- Proposed amendments to Rule 19-8.030, “Insurer Responsibilities,” would adopt the examination instruction forms applicable to the FHCF 2014-2015 Contract Year, require online loss reporting and address implementation of the online reporting system.
Tuesday, April 1
- Florida Division of Workers’ Compensation public meeting; 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Receive comments related to possible changes to the Ambulatory Surgical Center Reimbursement Manual, including revisions regarding maximum reimbursement allowances established for specific procedure codes, electronic billing policies for payors and payees, and the Florida Workers’ Compensation Uniform Medical Treatment/Status Reporting Form (DWC-25). To view the meeting notice, click here.
Wednesday, April 9
- Florida Workers’ Compensation Insurance Guaranty Association (“FWCIGA”) Investment Committee meeting. To view the meeting notice, click here.
Thursday, April 10
- FWCIGA Audit Committee and Board of Directors meetings. To view the meeting notice, click here.
Should you have any comments or questions, please contact Colodny Fass& Webb.
To unsubscribe from this newsletter, please send an email to Brooke Ellis at firstname.lastname@example.org.