Florida Insurance Calendar: July 19 – 23
Jul 16, 2010
Following is a listing of insurance-related Florida regulatory events for the week of July 19-23, 2010:
All times are Eastern Time. Additional information is available via hyperlink were noted in bold type.
FLORIDA LEGISLATIVE EVENT
- 2010 Special Session C of the Florida Legislature will convene at 12:00 p.m. on July 20, 2010 and conclude at 5:00 p.m. on July 23, 2010 to consider the passage of a joint resolution to revise the Florida Constitution to prohibit offshore drilling and exploration.
FLORIDA INSURANCE REGULATORY EVENTS
Monday, July 19
- Citizens Property Insurance Corporation (“Citizens”) Actuarial and Underwriting Committee meeting; 2:00 p.m. To view the meeting notice, click here.
Tuesday, July 20
- National Association of Insurance Commissioners (“NAIC”) Casualty Actuarial and Statistical Task Force meeting; 2:00 p.m.
Wednesday, July 21
- Florida Board of Employee Leasing Companies (“BELC”) meeting; 10:00 a.m. Teleconference: 888-808-6959; conference code: 9226020. To view the meeting notice, click here.
Monday, July 26
- Citizens Board of Governors meeting; 2:00 p.m. Teleconference: 888-295-6211 (NOTE: This meeting was rescheduled from June 28, 2010.) To view the meeting notice, click here.
Tuesday, July 27
- Florida Office of Insurance Regulation (“OIR”) Proposed Rule Hearing; 9:30 a.m. 69O-137.001: Annual and Quarterly Reporting Requirements. This Rule is being amended to adopt the 2010 NAIC Quarterly Statement Instructions and also adopts the 2010 NAIC Accounting Practices and Procedures Manual. To view the meeting notice and proposed Rule text, click here.
- OIR Proposed Rule Hearing; 69O-137.002: Annual Audited Financial Reports. (NOTE: This is a continuation from June 8. To view the Rule Hearing notice and proposed Rule text, click here.)
- OIR Proposed Rule Hearing; 9:30 a.m. 69O-138.001: NAIC Financial Condition Examiners Handbook Adopted. This Rule is being amended to adopt the 2010 NAIC Financial Condition Examiners Handbook. The current Rule adopted the 2009 version. To view the meeting notice and proposed Rule text, click here.
- OIR Public Rate Hearing: Castle Key Insurance Company and Castle Key Indemnity Company; 1:00 p.m. Agenda forthcoming.
Thursday, July 29
- Florida Cabinet; Agenda forthcoming
- NAIC Financial Condition Committee meeting; 11:00 a.m. Teleconference: (412) 317-6715
Friday, July 30
- Citizens Claims Committee meeting; 10:00 a.m. Teleconference: (888) 302-3367. To view the meeting notice, click here.
- Florida Division of Insurance Agents and Agency Services Proposed Rule Hearing to update Florida regulations relating to public adjusters; 10:00 a.m. To view the complete text of each proposed Rule, click here.
- Proposed amendments to 69B-220.001 – Licensure of Emergency Adjusters define when an “emergency” exists and provide the procedures to obtain an online emergency adjuster license from the Florida Department of Financial Services.
- Proposed amendments to 69B-220.051 – Conduct of Public Adjusters and Public Adjuster Apprentices clarify the responsibilities and requirements of public adjusters and public adjuster apprentices, specify terms and conditions of public adjuster contracts, require a public adjuster license number on advertisements and prescribe practices to ensure fair dealing between public adjusters and claimants.
- Proposed changes to 69B-220.201 – Ethical Requirements for All Adjusters update the code of ethics for all adjusters, clarify their ethical responsibilities and requirements and provide other special ethical requirements for public adjusters.
Tuesday, August 3
- Florida Division of Risk Management Rule Development Hearing; 9:30 a.m. Proposed Rule 69H-1.003: Certificate and Other Forms Adopted. The proposed Rule authorizes a form for use by state universities and agencies that captures more accurate and detailed information for developing proper insurance ratings and premiums for buildings insured by the State. To view the meeting notice, click here.
- OIR Proposed rule Hearing to incorporate a new category of Motor Vehicle Service Agreement Companies: “Motor Vehicle Manufacturers” into the existing Rules; 9:30 a.m. To view the meeting notice and proposed Rule text, click here.
- Citizens Actuarial and Underwriting Committee meeting; 3:00 p.m. Teleconference: 866-631-2413.
Thursday, August 5
- OIR Public Rate Hearing: Royal Palm Insurance Company; 1:00 p.m. Agenda forthcoming.
Monday, August 9
- Florida Workers’ Compensation Joint Underwriting Association (“FWCJUA”) Producer Committee meeting; 11:00 a.m.
Monday, August 16
- FWCJUA Rates and Forms Committee meeting; 1:00 p.m.
Tuesday, August 17
- Florida Self-Insurers Guaranty Association Board of Directors meeting; 3:00 p.m.
Wednesday, August 18
- BELC Board meeting; 10:00 a.m. To view the meeting notice, click here.
Thursday, August 19
- FWCJUA Audit Committee meeting; 10:00 a.m. To view the meeting notice, click here.
Friday, August 20
- FWCJUA Investment Committee meeting; 10:00 a.m. To view the meeting notice, click here.
Wednesday, August 25
- FWCJUA Reinsurance Committee meeting; 2:00 p.m. To view the meeting notice, click here.
- Citizens Audit Committee meeting; 2:30 p.m. Teleconference: 877-260-2826. To view the meeting notice, click here.
- Citizens Finance and Investment Committee meeting; 4:00 p.m. Teleconference: 888-277-7951. To view the meeting notice, click here.
Thursday, August 26
- Citizens Board of Governors meeting; 9:00 a.m. Teleconference: (888) 295-6211. To view the meeting notice, click here.
Monday, August 30
- FWCJUA Operations Committee meeting; 10:00 a.m. To view the meeting notice, click here.
Tuesday, September 14
- Florida Cabinet; 9:00 a.m.
- For final adoption: Proposed amendments to Rule 69O-149.003: Rate Filing Procedures relating to life/health insurance.
Should you have any questions or comments, please contact Colodny Fass.
To unsubscribe from this newsletter, please send an email to email@example.com.