Florida Insurance Calendar: January 6 – 10
Jan 3, 2014
Following is a listing of Florida insurance-related legislative and regulatory events for the week of January 6-10, 2013.
All times are shown in Eastern Time. Additional information is available via hyperlink where noted in bold type.
FLORIDA INSURANCE LEGISLATIVE EVENTS
Wednesday, January 8
- Florida House Insurance and Banking Subcommittee meeting; 12:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. Agenda includes consideration of the following bills:
- Florida Senate Committee on Banking and Insurance meeting; 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Agenda includes a Workshop on legislation relating to Citizens Property Insurance Corporation and consideration of the following bill:
- SB 542 relating to Flood Insurance by Senator Jeff Brandes
FLORIDA INSURANCE REGULATORY EVENTS
Friday, January 10
- Florida Department of Financial Services (“DFS”) – Division of Consumer Services Rule Development Workshop; 10:00 a.m. Proposed amendments would transfer oversight of Rule 69O-137.010, “Holocaust Victims Insurance Report and Standards of Proof” from the Florida Office of Insurance Regulation to the DFS as Rule 69J-137.010, in accordance with changes to s.626.9543, F.S., known as the Holocaust Victims Assistance Act. To view the workshop notice, click here.
Tuesday, January 14
- Florida Board of Employee Leasing Companies (“BELC”) Board meeting; 10:00 a.m. Teleconference: (888) 670-3525; conference code: 7489217568#. To view the meeting notice, click here.
Wednesday, January 15
- Florida Surplus Lines Service Office meetings. Tallahassee, Florida. To view the notice, click here.
- Audit Committee–8:30 a.m.
- Board of Governors Quarterly Meeting–9:00 a.m.
Thursday, January 16
- DFS – Division of Workers’ Compensation (“DWC”) Rule Development Workshop; 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Proposed amendments to Rules 69L-5.209, 5.215, 5.219 and 5.222, F.A.C. relate to the determination of a self-insurer’s net worth. To view the Workshop notice, click here.
Tuesday, January 21
- DWC Three-Member Panel meeting; 1:00 p.m. To view the meeting notice, click here. Agenda includes
- DWC’s annual report on the resolution of health care provider medical reimbursement disputes and activities conducted pursuant to s. 440.13(8), F.S.
- 2014 Health Care Provider Reimbursement Manual, which proposes the incorporation of a new fee schedule and modifies language regarding dispensed medications to conform to statutory changes as a result of SB 662
- Ambulatory surgical center schedule of rates
Wednesday, January 29
- Florida Citizens Property Insurance Corporation Board of Governors meeting; 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. Teleconference: (888) 942-8686; conference ID: 5743735657#. To view the agenda, click here.
Thursday, February 13
- Florida Workers’ Compensation Joint Underwriting Association (“FWCJUA”) meetings. To view the meeting notices, click here.
- Investment Committee meeting–10:00 a.m.
- Rates and Forms Committee-2:00 p.m.
Thursday, February 20
- FWCJUA Board of Governors meeting; 10:00 a.m. To view the meeting notice, click here.
Wednesday, March 19
- BELC Board meeting; 10:00 a.m. Teleconference: (888) 670-3525; conference code: 7489217568#. To view the meeting notice, click here.
Should you have any comments or questions, please contact Colodny Fass& Webb.
To unsubscribe from this newsletter, please send an email to Brooke Ellis at email@example.com.