Florida Insurance Calendar: February 24 – 28
Feb 21, 2014
Following is a listing of Florida insurance-related legislative and regulatory events for the week of February 24-28, 2014. All times are shown in Eastern Time.
Additional information is available via hyperlink where noted in bold type.
FLORIDA INSURANCE LEGISLATIVE EVENTS
Tuesday, March 4
- The 2014 Florida Regular Legislative Session will convene at 10:00 a.m.
FLORIDA INSURANCE REGULATORY EVENTS
Tuesday, February 25
- U.S. Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs Hearing: Reauthorizing TRIA–The State of the Terrorism Risk Insurance Market, Part II.” 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. For more information, click here.
Monday, March 3
- Florida Division of Workers’ Compensation (“DWC”) Proposed Rule Hearing; 10:00 a.m. Proposed Rule Chapter 69L-3 would be amended to clarify that the filing of paper documents, when approved by the DWC, does not supersede the requirements for electronic submittal of claims information, as specified under Rule Chapter 69L-56. The rulemaking also updates terminology and contact information, deletes an obsolete form and related language, and makes additional technical changes. To view the Hearing notice, click here.
Tuesday, March 4
- Florida DWC Proposed Rule Hearing; 10:00 a.m. Proposed amendments to Rule 69L-7.501 would adopt the 2014 edition of the Florida Workers’ Compensation Reimbursement Manual for Hospitals. The Manual incorporates a fee schedule reimbursement methodology for certain hospital outpatient services based on CPT line level charge data including an adjustment based upon defined geographic areas in Florida. To view the hearing notice, click here.
Wednesday, March 5
- Florida DWC Rule Development Workshop; 10:00 a.m. Proposed Rule 69L-4.001 would adopt a form that shall be used by all carriers and self-insurance funds to report quarterly assessments owed to the Workers’ Compensation Administration Trust Fund and the Special Disability Trust Fund. Proposed Rule 69L-4.002 would provide for an offset for dividends and premium refunds. To view the Workshop notice, click here.
- Florida Citizens Property Insurance (“Citizens”) Information Systems Advisory Committee meeting; 9:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Teleconference: 866â€361â€7525; participant code: 4869641229#.
- Florida Workers’ Compensation Insurance Guaranty Association (“FWCIGA”) Board of Directors meeting. For more information, click here.
Thursday, March 6
- Florida State Board of Administration public meeting; 9:00 a.m. Authorize the Florida Hurricane Catastrophe Fund to file a Notice of Proposed Rule for Rule 19-8.013, “Revenue Bonds Issued Pursuant to Section 215.555(6),F.S.,” Rule 19-8.029, “Insurer Reporting Requirements,” and Rule 19-8.030, “Insurer Responsibilities,” and to file these rules for adoption if no member of the public timely requests a rule hearing or if a rule hearing is requested but no Notice of Change is needed. To view the meeting notice, click here.
Tuesday, March 11
- Citizens Committee meetings:
- Market Accountability and Advisory Committee; 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Teleconference: 866â€361â€7525; participant code: 7849939192#.
- Audit Committee; 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. Teleconference: 866â€361â€7525; participant code: 3877541849#.
- Depopulation Committee; 2:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. Teleconference: 855â€312â€8651; participant code: 4458606638#.
- Finance and Investment Committee; 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Teleconference: 866â€361â€7525; participant code: 2478401990#.
Wednesday, March 12
- Citizens Board of Governors meeting; 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Teleconference: 888-942-8686; conference ID: 5743735657#. To view the meeting notice, click here.
Wednesday, March 19
- Florida Board of Employee Leasing Companies Board meeting; 10:00 a.m. Teleconference: 888-670-3525; conference code: 7489217568#. To view the meeting notice, click here.
Thursday, March 20
- Florida Insurance Guaranty Association (“FIGA”) Finance and Audit Committee meeting. Tampa, Florida. To view the meeting notice, click here.
Friday, March 21
- FIGA Board of Directors meeting. Tampa, Florida. To view the meeting notice, click here.
Tuesday, April 1
- DWC public meeting; 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Receive comments related to possible changes to the Ambulatory Surgical Center Reimbursement Manual, including revisions regarding maximum reimbursement allowances established for specific procedure codes, electronic billing policies for payors and payees, and the Florida Workers’ Compensation Uniform Medical Treatment/Status Reporting Form (DWC-25). To view the meeting notice, click here.
Wednesday, April 9
- FWCIGA Investment Committee meeting. To view the meeting notice, click here.
Thursday, April 10
- FWCIGA Audit Committee meeting. To view the meeting notice, click here.
Should you have any comments or questions, please contact Colodny Fass& Webb.
To unsubscribe from this newsletter, please send an email to Brooke Ellis at firstname.lastname@example.org.