Florida Insurance Calendar: February 17 – 21
Feb 14, 2014
Following is a listing of Florida insurance-related legislative and regulatory events for the week of February 17-21, 2014. All times are shown in Eastern Time.
Additional information is available via hyperlink where noted in bold type.
FLORIDA INSURANCE LEGISLATIVE EVENTS
Tuesday, February 18
- Florida Senate Committee on Banking and Insurance meeting; 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Agenda includes Workshop on Citizens Property Insurance Corporation and consideration of the following bill:
- SB 346 relating to Florida Insurance Guaranty Association
Wednesday, February 19
- Florida House Insurance and Banking Subcommittee meeting; 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. Agenda includes a presentation by the Insurance Information Institute on the State of the Florida Property Insurance Market: Past, Present and Future and consideration of the following bills:
- HB 633 relating to Division of Insurance Agents and Agency Services
FLORIDA INSURANCE REGULATORY EVENTS
Tuesday, February 18
- Florida Division of Insurance Agent and Agency Services Rule Development Workshop; 10:00 a.m. Proposed Rule 69B-162.011 would be amended to conform with revisions to Section 627.4554, F.S., as enacted by SB 166. SB 166 substantially revised Florida consumer protection laws relating to the sales of annuities by incorporating the 2010 National Association of Insurance Commissioners (“NAIC”) Suitability in Annuity Transactions Model Regulation. The proposed Rule extends protections previously afforded senior consumers in annuity transactions to consumers of any age. Forms DFS-H1-1980 and DFS-H1-1981 would be revised to reflect the standards, procedures and guidelines of the 2010 NAIC Annuity Suitability Model Regulation, and Section 627.4554, F.S. To view the Workshop notice, click here.
Wednesday, February 19
- Citizens Property Insurance Corporation (“Citizens”) Claims Committee meeting; 12:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. Teleconference: 866-361-7525; conference ID: 5219676193#. To view the meeting notice, click here.
Thursday, February 20
- Florida Workers’ Compensation Joint Underwriting Association Board of Governors meeting; 10:00 a.m. To view the agenda, click here.
- Citizens Actuarial and Underwriting Committee meeting; 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Teleconference: 866-361-7525; conference ID: 8632017402#. To view the meeting notice, click here.
Monday, March 3
- Florida Division of Workers’ Compensation (“DWC”) Proposed Rule Hearing; 10:00 a.m. Proposed Rule Chapter 69L-3 would be amended to clarify that the filing of paper documents, when approved by the DWC, does not supersede the requirements for electronic submittal of claims information, as specified under Rule Chapter 69L-56. The rulemaking also updates terminology and contact information, deletes an obsolete form and related language, and makes additional technical changes. To view the Hearing notice, click here.
Tuesday, March 4
- Florida DWC Proposed Rule Hearing; 10:00 a.m. Proposed amendments to Rule 69L-7.501 would adopt the 2014 edition of the Florida Workers’ Compensation Reimbursement Manual for Hospitals. The Manual incorporates a fee schedule reimbursement methodology for certain hospital outpatient services based on CPT line level charge data including an adjustment based upon defined geographic areas in Florida. To view the hearing notice, click here.
Wednesday, March 5
- Florida Division of Workers’ Compensation Rule Development Workshop; 10:00 a.m. Proposed Rule 69L-4.001 would adopt a form that shall be used by all carriers and self-insurance funds to report quarterly assessments owed to the Workers’ Compensation Administration Trust Fund and the Special Disability Trust Fund. Proposed Rule 69L-4.002 would provide for an offset for dividends and premium refunds. To view the Workshop notice, click here.
- Florida Workers’ Compensation Insurance Guaranty Association Board of Directors meeting. For more information, click here.
Wednesday, March 12
- Citizens Board of Governors meeting; 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Teleconference: 888-942-8686; conference ID: 5743735657#. To view the meeting notice, click here.
Wednesday, March 19
- Florida Board of Employee Leasing Companies Board meeting; 10:00 a.m. Teleconference: 888-670-3525; conference code: 7489217568#. To view the meeting notice, click here.
Should you have any comments or questions, please contact Colodny Fass& Webb.
To unsubscribe from this newsletter, please send an email to Brooke Ellis at email@example.com.