Florida Insurance Calendar: December 24 – 28
Dec 21, 2012
Following is a listing of Florida insurance-related legislative and regulatory events for the week of December 24-28, 2012:
All times are Eastern Time (“ET”). Additional information is available via hyperlink where noted in bold type.
FLORIDA INSURANCE LEGISLATIVE EVENTS
No insurance-related legislative events are scheduled.
FLORIDA INSURANCE REGULATORY EVENTS
No insurance-related regulatory events are scheduled.
Friday, January 4
- Florida Division of Administrative Hearings Rule Development Workshop; 2:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. Video teleconferencing available in various locations. Proposed amendments to Rule 60Q-6.123, entitled “Procedural Rules for Adjudication of Workers’ Compensation Claims,” would strike unnecessary language intended for removal in an October 2012 revision of the Rule pursuant to s.440.45, F.S. To view the workshop notice, click here.
Tuesday, January 8
- Florida Hurricane Catastrophe Fund (“FHCF”) Rule Development Workshop; 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Discussion will include proposed amendments to Rules 19-8.028, 19-8.029 and 19-8.030 pertaining to insurer exposure and loss reporting requirements for the 2013/2014 FHCF Contract Year, FHCF reimbursement premium formula requirements and insurer responsibilities. To view the Workshop notice, click here.
- FHCF Advisory Council meeting; 1:00 p.m. The Council will meet to obtain approval to file a Notice of Proposed Rule for 19-8.029, entitled “Insurer Reporting Requirements,” and Rule 19-8.030, entitled “Insurer Responsibilities,” and to file these Rules for adoption if no member of the public timely requests a rule hearing, or if a hearing is requested, but no Notice of Change is needed. Teleconference: 888-670-3525; conference code: 7135858151. To view the meeting notice, click here.
Wednesday, January 9
- Florida Division of Workers’ Compensation Three-Member Panel meeting; 1:00 p.m. Tallahassee, Florida. Consideration of adoption of a methodology for reimbursing hospitals 60 and 75 percent of usual and customary charges for outpatient services; re-adoption of the per-diem rates schedule for hospital inpatient care or a revision to the current schedule; re-adoption of the ambulatory surgical center schedule of rates; and re-adoption of the 2012 Health Care Provider Reimbursement Manual, which is still pending ratification by the Florida Legislature. To view the meeting notice, click here.
Thursday, January 10
- Florida Office of Insurance Regulation (“OIR”) Proposed Rule Hearing; 9:30 a.m.
- Proposed amendments to Rule 69O-170.0155 would update and revise Form OIR-B1-1809, “Health Care Provider Certification of Eligibility,” for Personal Injury Protection (“PIP”) benefits to reflect statutory revisions as the result of HB 119. The changes are technical in nature. To view the hearing notice, click here.
- Proposed amendments to Rule 69O-176.013 would finalize Emergency Rule changes to Form OIR-B1-1149, “Notification of Personal Injury Protection Benefits,” in accordance with statutory revisions resulting from HB 119. Form OIR-B1-1149 now reflects that PIP benefits are allocated for emergency medical treatment and a flat $5,000 death benefit. The Form was also amended to incorporate technical edits regarding fraud reporting and billing disclosures. To view the hearing notice, click here.
Monday, January 14
- Florida Division of Workers’ Compensation (“DWC”) Proposed Rule Hearing; 10:00 a.m. Proposed amendments to Rule 69L-6.012 (See January 22 entry) render Rule 69L-6.009 duplicative and unnecessary, and it is therefore proposed for repeal. To view the hearing notice, click here.
- DWC Proposed Rule Hearing; 10:30 a.m. Proposed repeal of Rule 69L-3.001, which explains that the purpose of Rule Chapter 69L-3 is to establish employer and insurer responsibilities of recording and reporting workers’ compensation accident information under Chapter 440, F.S. The Rule supplies no information or guidance that is not already provided throughout the balance of Rule Chapter 69L-3. To view the hearing notice, click here.
- Florida Workers’ Compensation Insurance Guaranty Association Board of Directors meeting; 2:00 p.m. Tallahassee, Florida. To view the meeting notice, click here.
Wednesday, January 16
- Florida Board of Employee Leasing Companies Board meeting; 10:00 a.m. Teleconference: 866-370-6525; participant code: 7489217568#. To view the meeting notice, click here.
Friday, January 18
- Florida Automobile Joint Underwriting Association meeting; 9:00 a.m. Lake Mary, Florida. Agenda includes review of claims provider performance in claims handling. To view the meeting notice, click here.
Tuesday, January 22
- DWC Rule Development Workshop; 10:30 a.m. Proposed amendments to Rule 69L-6.012, entitled “Notice of Election to be Exempt,” would implement applicable sections of HB 941, enacted in 2012. The proposed Rule provides for electronic submission of exemption applications (Form DFS-F2-DWC-250, “Notice of Election to be Exempt”) through the DWC’s system, along with streamlined reporting requirements. To view the Workshop notice, click here.
Wednesday, January 23
- Florida Surplus Lines Service Office Board of Governors Quarterly Meeting; 9:00 a.m. Tallahassee, Florida. To view the meeting notice, click here.
Thursday, February 14
- Florida Workers’ Compensation Joint Underwriting Association (“FWCJUA”) Investment Committee meeting; 10:00 a.m. To view the meeting notice, click here.
Should you have any questions or comments, please contact Colodny Fass& Webb.
To unsubscribe from this newsletter, please send an email to Brooke Ellis at email@example.com.