Florida Insurance Calendar: April 28 – May 2
Apr 25, 2014
Following is a listing of Florida insurance-related legislative and regulatory events for the week of April 28 – May 2, 2014. All times are shown in Eastern Time.
Additional information is available via hyperlink where noted in bold type.
FLORIDA INSURANCE LEGISLATIVE EVENTS
To access the legislative calendars for the week of April 21, click on the hyperlinks below:
FLORIDA INSURANCE REGULATORY EVENTS
Monday, April 28
- Florida Automobile Joint Underwriting Association (“FAJUA”) Committee meetings; Producer Review Committee — 3:00 p.m.; Audit/Budget/Finance Committee — 4:00 p.m. Tampa, Florida. To view the meeting notice, click here.
Tuesday, April 29
- FAJUA Board of Governors meeting; 8:30 a.m. Tampa, Florida. To view the meeting notice, click here.
- Florida Workers’ Compensation Joint Underwriting Association (“FWCJUA”) Market Assistance Plan Committee meeting; 10:00 a.m. To view the agenda, click here.
Wednesday, April 30
- Florida Division of Workers’ Compensation Rule Development Workshop; 9:30 a.m. Proposed amendments to Rule 69L-6.012, “Notice of Election to be Exempt,” would conform to applicable provisions of Chapter 440, F.S. relating to the process whereby corporate officers may apply to be exempt from Florida’s workers’ compensation coverage requirements. To view the Workshop notice, click here.
Tuesday, May 13
- Florida Division of (Insurance) Agent and Agency Services Proposed Rule Hearing; 10:00 a.m. Tallahassee, Florida. Proposed amendments to Rule Chapter 69B-227, F.A.C., relating to the establishment of requirements and standards for all insurance agent, adjuster, customer or service representative pre-licensing courses. Amendments to the Chapter would also establish curriculum standards for special designation courses. To view the hearing notice and full text of the proposed Rules, click here.
Wednesday, May 14
- FWCJUA Investment Committee meeting; 10:00 a.m. To view the meeting notice, click here.
Thursday, May 15
- Florida Hurricane Catastrophe Fund/State Board of Administration Proposed Rule Hearing; 9:00 a.m. Proposed amended Rule 19-8.028, F.A.C., Reimbursement Premium Formula, would adopt the 2014-2015 Reimbursement Premium Formula and the 2014-2015 Reimbursement Premium Rates for the Florida Hurricane Catastrophe Fund. To view the hearing notice and proposed Rule text, click here.
- FWCJUA Audit Committee meeting; 10:00 a.m. To view the meeting notice, click here.
Monday, May 19
- Florida Division of Workers’ Compensation Proposed Rule Hearing; 2:00 p.m. Proposed Rule 69L-4.001 would adopt a form that shall be used by all carriers authorized to write the workers’ compensation line of business and workers’ compensation self-insurance funds to report quarterly assessments owed to the Workers’ Compensation Administration Trust Fund and the Special Disability Trust Fund. Proposed Rule 69L-4.002 would provide for an offset for dividends and premium refunds when calculating assessments. To view the hearing notice, click here.
Should you have any comments or questions, please contact Colodny Fass& Webb.
To unsubscribe from this newsletter, please send an email to Brooke Ellis at firstname.lastname@example.org.