Florida Hurricane Catastrophe Fund Updates On Contract Year Information
Jul 7, 2016
The Florida Hurricane Catastrophe Fund (“FHCF”) published a number of updates today, July 7, 2016:
1. The Operations Questions and Advance Records and Information have been posted for FHCF Contract Year 2016/2017. To view them, click here.
2. In the FHCF “Frequently Asked Questions” Covered Policies section under Condominiums, a question has been added regarding commercial policies written to cover condominium structures with more than 50 percent of the units being non-owner occupied and rented for 6 or more rental periods by different parties during the course of a 12-month period. To read that information, click here.
3. The FHCF website has been updated to make it easier for Participating Insurers to locate information for reporting losses to the FHCF when the time comes. To access the related hyperlinks, click here. The updates include detailed loss reporting requirements and instructions specifying:
- What is covered/not covered by the FHCF
- How to report losses to the FHCF
- How to prepare for a loss examination
- A Loss Preparedness Program that includes a sample exercise to help get your company ready to report claims
- A link to the On-Line Claims Reporting System, which includes video tutorials to help you navigate the system
- A link to loss reporting communications from the FHCF, which may be necessary after an event occurs
4. The coverage selections and premium calculations as of June 30, 2016 have been posted for the FHCF Contract Year 2016/2017. To view them, click here.
6. The FHCF is currently seeking a qualified person to fill the position of Manager of Financial Operations. To view the job description, click here.
Should you have any questions or comments, please contact Colodny Fass.
To unsubscribe from this newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.