Florida House Insurance Subcommittee To Tackle Workers’ Compensation Claims Issues Today
Jan 25, 2017
With an array of legal pending legal and statewide rate increase issues as a backdrop, the Florida House of Representatives’ Insurance and Banking Subcommittee will hold Part One of a Panel Discussion on issues relating to Florida’s Workers’ Compensation System from 3:30 p.m. to 6 p.m. (ET) today, January 25, 2017.
Andrew Sabolic, Assistant Director of Florida’s Division of Workers’ Compensation, will begin the discussion with a review of the Florida workers’ compensation claim life cycle.
Additional panel members include:
- Tom Koval, Executive VP and Chief Legal Officer, QFCCI Group
- Tom Stahl, Executive Director, Florida United Business Association
- Marc Salm, VP of Risk Management, Publix Supermarkets
- Shelby Johnson, President, Johnson Construction
- Kimberly Syfrett, Secretary, Florida Workers’ Advocates
- David Langham, Deputy Chief Judge, Florida Office of the Judges of Compensation Claims
- Fraser Cobbe, Executive Director, Florida Orthopaedic Society
The Subcommittee will tackle a comprehensive list of discussion concepts relating to workers’ compensation claims centering on the following questions:
- What reforms would help achieve an effective level of attorney involvement and associated cost factors?
- What reforms to attorneys’ fees should be considered?
- What reforms should be made to temporary indemnity benefits?
To view the list of discussion topics, click here and go to page nine.
Should you have any questions or comments, please contact Colodny Fass.
To unsubscribe from this newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.