Florida House and Senate Insurance Committees to Consider Various Bills This Week
Mar 12, 2013
The Florida House Insurance and Banking Subcommittee and the Senate Committee on Banking and Insurance are both scheduled to meet this week to consider various insurance-related legislation.
Florida House Insurance and Banking Subcommittee
The Florida House Insurance and Banking Subcommittee (“Subcommittee”) will meet Wednesday, March 13, 2013, from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. in Room 404 House Office Building. To view the agenda, click here.
During tomorrow’s meeting, the Subcommittee also will conduct a workshop on HB 1107 by Representative Bill Hager relating to the Florida Hurricane Catastrophe Fund.
The Subcommittee will hear the following insurance-related bills:
- HB 217 by Representative W. Travis Cummings relating to Money Services Businesses
- PCS for HB 383 by Representative Matt Hudson relating to Interstate Insurance Product Regulation Compact
- HB 821 by Representative Clay Ingram relating to Insurer Solvency
- HB 823 by Representative Clay Ingram relating to Public Records Exemption/Insurer Solvency
- HB 251 by Representative Bill Hager relating to Public Depositories
- HB 883 by Representative Jim Boyd relating to Fire Safety and Prevention
- HB 913 by Representative Michael Bileca relating to Holocaust Victims Assistance Act
Florida Senate Committee on Banking and Insurance
The Senate Committee on Banking and Insurance will meet Thursday, March 14, 2013, from 8:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. in Room 110 Senate Office Building. To view the agenda, click here.
The following insurance-related bills will be considered:
- SB 810 by Senator David Simmons relating to Wrap-up Insurance Policies
- SB 1262 by Senator Alan Hays relating to Florida Hurricane Catastrophe Fund
- SB 706 by Senator Bill Montford relating to Uninsured Motorist Insurance Coverage
- SB 102 by Senator Nancy Detert relating to Charitable Contributions
- SB 378 by Senator Aaron Bean relating to Manufactured and Mobile Homes
- SB 398 by Senator Aaron Bean relating to Physician Assistants
- SB 918 by Senator Rene Garcia relating to Public Depositories
- SB 936 by Senator Tom Lee relating to Holocaust Victims Assistance Act
- SB 422 by Senator Lizbeth Benacquisto relating to Cancer Treatment