Florida Governor Rick Scott Re-Appoints Broward Days Board Member Patty Asseff to South Florida Regional Planning Council
Mar 27, 2015
Florida Governor Rick Scott announced today, March 27, 2015, that he has re-appointed Hollywood City Commissioner Patricia Asseff to the South Florida Regional Planning Council, subject to approval by the Florida Senate. Her new term, which also began today, ends October 31, 2016.
Commissioner Asseff, a longtime realtor with Caldwell Banker, has been a resident of Hollywood for more than 45 years and is a civic activist, community leader, and business person.
• Honorary member of the Hollywood Art and Culture Center
• Chair of the Southeast Florida Clean Cities Coalition since 2001
• President of the Florida Regional Council Association from 2012 to 2014
• Secretary of the South Florida Regional Planning Council (SFRPC), Member since 2001 (Chair, 2008) and Board Member for the SFRPC Revolving Loan Fund
• South Florida Water Management Advisory Board Member
• Former Chair of the Hollywood Planning and Zoning Board
• Executive Board Member of the Florida League of Cities
• President of the Broward League of Cities
• Continuum of Care (CoC) Board Member since 2014
• Performance & Outcomes & Needs & Gaps (PONG) Committee member since 2014
• Inaugural Class Member of the University of Miami Good Government Initiative
• Former President (2004), Current Trustee and Honorary Member of the Greater Hollywood Chamber of Commerce
• President of the South Florida Ballet Theatre
A graduate of Leadership Hollywood. Commissioner Asseff has received numerous awards, including:
- Leadership Award, Southeast Florida Clean Cities Coalition
- 2013 100 Outstanding Women of Broward County Honoree
- 2011 Leadership Award, Greater Hollywood Chamber of Commerce
- 2009 Women of Style and Substance Award, Miami’s Project to Cure Paralysis
- Boys and Girls Club “100 Outstanding Women of Broward County 2014” Mother and Daughter Honoree with her daughter, Andrea Asseff
Governor Scott also announced the following additional appointment and re-appointment to the South Florida Regional Planning Council:
Cary Goldberg, 41, of Deerfield Beach, is the president of Diversified Realty Development Co. He fills a vacant seat and is appointed for a term beginning March 27, 2015, and ending October 1, 2015. The appointment is subject to confirmation by the Florida Senate.
Jill Creech, 55, of Palm City, is the Southeast District Director for the Florida Department of Environmental Protection. She fills a vacant seat and is appointed for a term beginning March 27, 2015, and ending at the pleasure of the Governor.
About the South Florida Regional Planning Council
The South Florida Regional Planning Council‘s mission is to identify the long-term challenges and opportunities facing Southeast Florida and assist the Region’s leaders in developing and implementing creative strategies that result in more prosperous and equitable communities, a healthier and cleaner environment, and a more vibrant economy.
The Council is a planning and public policy agency. Activities respond to statutory requirements as well as the needs of member units of local government. The policy document that guides all of the Council’s activities is the Strategic Regional Policy Plan for South Florida.
To access meeting information, click here.