Florida Cabinet Meeting Report: December 9, 2008
Dec 10, 2008
On Tuesday, December 9, 2008, the Florida Cabinet met in Tallahassee, Florida. Below is a brief overview of pertinent insurance-related actions taken during the meeting. To view the complete meeting agenda, click here.
- The October, 2008 Local Government Investment Pool Management Summary Report and subsequent actions to address any resulting material impacts were approved.
- Two revised Florida Retirement System Investment Policy Statements (Defined Benefit and Defined Contribution Plans) were approved.
- The Repeal of Proposed Rule 69N-121.066: Informal Conferences was withdrawn.
- Approval for the publication of amendments to Proposed Rule 69N-121.066: Informal Conferences was withdrawn for further clarification and will be discussed during the January, 2009 Cabinet meeting.
- Approval for the publication of proposed Rule 69O-125.005: Use of Credit Reports and Credit Scores by Insurers was withdrawn for further clarification and will be discussed during the January, 2009 Cabinet meeting.
- Approval of an Emergency Rule to ensure that Florida corporate taxpayers retain the same depreciation and expensing deduction in 2008 and subsequent years as they have in the past was granted.
- Hyperlinks to the Emergency Rule and a letter from Governor Charlie Crist are included below:
The meeting was then adjourned.
Should you have any questions or comments, please do not hesitate to contact Colodny Fass.
To unsubscribe from this newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com