Citizens Property Insurance Presentation, 9-Member Panel, Unlicensed Public Adjusters and Reform Proposals on Today’s Florida House Assignment of Benefits Workshop Agenda
Feb 9, 2015
A packed agenda awaits members of the Florida House of Representatives’ Insurance and Banking Subcommittee during its Assignment of Benefits (“AOB”) Workshop scheduled today, February 9, 2015, from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. A section of the time has been reserved for public testimony.
To view the meeting packet, click here.
After a statistics-heavy presentation by Florida’s Citizens Property Insurance Corporation (“Citizens”) showing that South Florida water damage claims represented 91 percent of Citizens’ AOB-related litigation in 2014, Subcommittee members will hear from a diverse nine-member panel on the topic.
- Douglas Buck, Florida Home Builders Association
- Michael Carlson, Personal Insurance Federation of Florida
- Gary Farmer, Florida Justice Association
- Former Florida Senator Steve Geller, Florida Association of Public Insurance Adjusters
- Paul Handerhan, Florida Association for Insurance Reform
- Lee Jacobson, Florida Justice Association
- Matthew Jerabek, Mr. Dry Out
- Scott Johnson, Johnson Strategies
- Jon Lavender, Florida Association of Restoration Specialists
An AOB-related legislative proposal from the Personal Insurance Federation of Florida (an advocacy group comprising Allstate/Castle Key, State Farm Florida and Progressive insurance companies) is part of the packet information, along with a presentation on issues relating to unlicensed insurance adjusters from the Florida Association of Public Insurance Adjusters.
To watch the meeting on live Webcast, go to www.TheFloridaChannel.org and click “live streams.”
Should you have any questions or comments, please contact Colodny Fass.
To unsubscribe from this newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.