2012 State of the Florida Insurance Market Summit Agenda Now Available
Mar 12, 2012
We are pleased to release the full agenda for the 2012 State of the Florida Insurance Market Summit, to be held March 14-16, 2012, at The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island, Florida. Please treat the agenda, which is attached in PDF format, as a confidential document.
The Summit will feature a full program of relevant, pertinent and timely sessions, conducted by some of the most prominent and influential executives in the insurance business, both in Florida and beyond.
You will have the opportunity to meet and network with top public officials, including Florida Governor Rick Scott, and other lawmakers, regulators, policymakers and trendsetters. The following are a few highlights from this year’s agenda:
Day 1 – Wednesday, March 14
- Interim Citizens Property Insurance Corporation Chief Executive Officer Tom Grady (4:50 p.m. to 5:10 p.m.)
- Florida Governor Rick Scott (5:10 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.)
Day 2 – Thursday, March 15
- Florida Insurance Commissioner Kevin McCarty (11:40 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.)
- Florida Chief Financial Officer Jeff Atwater (12:00 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.)
- Florida Insurance Consumer Advocate Robin Westcott (4:45 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.)
- Legislative Panel (5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.):
- Florida Representative Bryan Nelson
- Florida Senator Garrett Richter
Day 3 – Friday, March 16
- Regulator Panel – State Initiatives and National Issues (9:05 a.m. to 10:15 a.m.):
- Mississippi Insurance Commissioner Mike Chaney
- Oklahoma Insurance Commissioner John Doak
- Louisiana Insurance Commissioner Jim Donelon
- Georgia Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner Ralph Hudgens
- Nevada Insurance Commissioner Scott Kipper
- Florida Insurance Commissioner Kevin McCarty
- Tennessee Insurance Commissioner Julie McPeak
- Massachusetts Insurance Commissioner Joseph Murphy
- Alabama Insurance Commissioner Jim Ridling
Following is information on ground transportation to the Summit, as well as hotel options.
We look forward to seeing you this week.
Luxury Transportation: Ask to speak to Robert Smith and let him know you are with the 2012 Florida State of the Market Insurance Summit at 904-866-5948 or e-mail email@example.com.
Web Site: www.luxurytransportationjax.com
Upon arriving at the Jacksonville Airport, proceed to the Ground Transportation Booth, located outside of the Delta baggage claim on the sidewalk. Give the attendant your last name and they will direct you to your vehicle and your driver.
Car for 1-3 passengers $65.00 per trip. (JAX to Ritz)
Van for 4-10 passengers $105.00.per trip (JAX to Ritz)
Ground transportation to be paid directly by attendee.
Rooms at the Ritz-Carlton Amelia Island are all sold out but you can add your name a wait list by calling Suzy Penaherrera at 904-491-6722.
Other hotel options in the area include:
Residence Inn located three miles north from The Ritz-Carlton. The Residence Inn has complimentary shuttle service. For additional information call Natalie at 904-557-9855.
Omni at The Amelia Island Plantation located three miles south from The Ritz-Carlton. For additional information call 904-261-6161.
Ocean Place Condominiums located within walking distance to The Ritz-Carlton. For additional information call 904-277-0905.
Government Room Rate Hotel:
The Ritz-Carlton does not offer the Government Rate for rooms. The Residence Inn has rooms available at the Government rate. To make a government rate room reservations please call Natalie at 904-557-9855.