Attorney Trevor B. Mask, a Partner in Colodny Fass’ Lobbying and Governmental Consulting Division, is based in the Firm’s Tallahassee Office. He specializes in advocacy on behalf of clients before Florida’s Legislature, Executive Branch and regulatory agencies.
A member of The Florida Bar, as well as the Florida Association of Professional Lobbyists, Mr. Mask represents a diverse roster of public, private and trade association clients. Experienced in a variety of public policy areas, he works frequently with insurance, health care, transportation, environmental, utility and criminal justice issues.
With an in-depth and complete understanding of the legislative process, he has drafted bills and facilitated the passage or defeat of legislation. He has worked extensively on appropriations, securing millions of dollars in State Budget requests for the Firm’s clients.
With over 10 years of Executive Branch and legislative lobbying experience, Mr. Mask consults and guides clients through the Florida lawmaking process. He has extensive experience with statutory and constitutional analysis. He also represents clients before Florida’s regulatory agencies, providing testimony at regulatory hearings, rulemaking workshops and statewide hearings.
Throughout the year, he guides clients in relation to election, campaign and fundraising strategy.
Prior to joining the Firm, Mr. Mask served as the Director of Legislative Affairs for the Florida Electric Cooperatives Association, where he was responsible for developing that organization’s legislative agenda and implementing its directives.
He also handled legislative affairs on behalf of the Florida Association of Counties, for which he established a public safety-related legislative agenda and advocated policy provisions. His areas of focus included the implementation of Article V, Section 14 of the Florida Constitution relating to state court funding, juvenile justice, emergency management, pre-trial services and their impacts to county jails.
Mr. Mask participated in the Florida House of Representatives fellowship program, where he drafted and analyzed legislation, as well as developed relationships with key House members and staff. An internship with the United States Attorney’s Office for the Middle District of Florida in Jacksonville added to his experience.
A graduate of the Florida Coastal School of Law, where he was named Best Oral Advocate and served as a member of the Mock Trial Team, he also holds a Bachelor of Science Degree in Hospitality Administration from Florida State University.
Born in Ipswich, England, he is a full-time resident of Tallahassee.
- Lobbying and Governmental Consulting
- Insurance Regulatory Law
- Florida Dental Hygiene Symposium, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011
- Florida Auto Dismantlers and Recyclers Association, 2010, 2011
- Florida Hurricane Catastrophe Fund Ninth Annual Participating Insurers Workshop, June 2009
- Florida Office of Insurance Regulation Filing and Compliance Symposium, May 2008
- State of the Florida Insurance Market Summit: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012
- Association of Insurance Compliance Professionals Conference, July 2007
- Louisiana Insurers Conference, July 2007
- “Insurance Regulation, Florida Lobbyist “Workhorse” Lawyers Promoted to Partners As Colodny Fass Law Firm Updates Name,” November 3, 2014.
- LexisNexis Emerging Issues; January 31, 2014; “2013 in Review: 10 Most Important Insurance Regulatory Developments” by Trevor Mask and Benjamin Zellner and others.