ContactSouth Florida Office
One Financial Plaza, 23rd Floor
100 Southeast Third Avenue
Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33394
(954) 492-4010 (tel)
(954) 492-1144 (fax)
(954) 492-4010 x1932
Matthew C. Scarfone
Matthew C. Scarfone joined Colodny Fass in 2011 as an Associate in the Firm’s Business Law and Commercial Litigation Division, where he focuses his practice on complex commercial matters and insurance issues on behalf of individual and corporate clients.
Prior to joining the Firm, Mr. Scarfone gained experience in commercial law, as well as in the areas of insurance defense and employment law.
Mr. Scarfone is a member of the Florida Bar and also licensed to practice in the State of Michigan. He is admitted to practice before the United States District Courts for the Southern District of Florida and Middle District of Florida.
He earned his Juris Doctor from Michigan State University College of Law, graduating summa cum laude and in the top eight percent of his class. He received Jurisprudence Achievement Awards in Civil Procedure I, Contracts II and Labor Law.
Active in Michigan State’s Appellate Moot Court Board, he won first place in The Dean Jerome Prince Memorial Evidence Competition, National Moot Court Competition, and was a semi-finalist at the 28th Annual International Moot Court Competition in Information Technology and Privacy Law.
- Insurance Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Michigan State University College of Law, J.D., 2010, summa cum laude
- Michigan State University, B.A. in Interdisciplinary Studies in Social Science - Law and Society, with an Economics Cognate, 2007
- "Workers’ Comp Appeals Could Feed Rate Hikes" by Nate Wesley Strickland and Matthew C. Scarfone; Daily Business Review, December 8, 2014
- "Nonstacking UM Election Applies to All Insureds Under Policy" by Maria Elena Abate and Matthew C. Scarfone; Daily Business Review, November 4, 2014
- "First DCA to weigh limits to PIP reimbursement" by Maria Elena Abate and Matthew C. Scarfone; Daily Business Review, May 22, 2013
- "Courts leave insurers uncertain of PIP repayments" by Maria Elena Abate and Matthew C. Scarfone; Daily Business Review, April 6, 2012
- "Third, Fourth DCAs hold insurer may limit PIP reimbursements" by Maria E. Abate and Matthew C. Scarfone; Daily Business Review, December 16, 2011;