215 S. Monroe Street
Tallahassee, Florida 32301
(850) 577-0398 (tel)
(850) 577-0385 (fax)
(850) 577-0398 x1600
Katherine Scott Webb
Shareholder Katherine Scott Webb manages Colodny Fass' Lobbying and Governmental Consulting Division in Tallahassee.
Ms. Webb represents a cross-section of businesses and public entities, including national and international insurance companies, insurance agencies and other businesses before the Florida Legislature and Executive Branch. On behalf of clients, she works closely with various State regulatory agencies, as well as quasi-governmental entities such as Citizens Property Insurance Corporation.
A recipient of the "Outstanding Lobbying Efforts" award from the Florida Insurance Council, Ms. Webb serves as Florida legal counsel and lobbyist for the Property and Casualty Association of America, as well as the Florida Property and Casualty Association, a consortium of domestic property and casualty insurers.
With her leadership, the Firm was widely credited as the driving force behind Florida's recent comprehensive property insurance reform legislation, SB 408. Working in concert with the Florida Senate’s Banking and Insurance Chairman, Ms. Webb worked to craft and facilitate the passage of legislation that was over two years in the making, and that has been characterized as “monumental” by the international insurance community. Additionally, working in concert with the Governor, Chief Financial Officer and House Insurance and Banking Subcommittee Chairman, she was instrumental in the success of the highly controversial HB 119, which subsequently revamped Florida’s No-Fault insurance law.
During Florida’s 2012 Legislative Session, Ms. Webb was heavily involved in the drafting and passage of legislation to eliminate Florida’s excess profits statute relating to workers’ compensation. She also drafted and had passed legislation to change the State’s Insurance Code to facilitate admission of crop insurers into the State of Florida. She worked with State regulators crafted an Order that allowed for deregulation of forms for certain lines of property and casualty insurance. Ms. Webb regularly serves as Adjunct Professor at Florida State University’s College of Law, where she teaches a course entitled “Insurance Law: A Law and Political Economics Perspective.”
Ms. Webb is admitted to practice before all Florida state courts and the United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida. She earned her Bachelor of Science in Political Science in 2000 from Florida State University and her Juris Doctor from Florida State University’s College of Law in 2003.
- Governmental Consulting
- Insurance Regulatory Law
- Florida State University, B.S., 2000
- Florida State University College of Law, J.D., 2003
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Association of Insurance Compliance Professionals
- Florida Bar Association
- Florida Association of Professional Lobbyists
- Orange County Bar Association - Young Lawyers Section
Civic and Community Involvement
- Florida State University College of Law - Adjunct Professor
- NAIC 2012 Summer National Meeting; August 11-14, 2012; Atlanta, Georgia
- Citizens Property Insurance Corporation Depopulation Summit; June 1, 2012; Tampa, Florida
- Florida Hurricane Catastrophe Fund Participating Insurers 12th Annual Participating Insurers Workshop; May 15-16, 2012; Orlando, Florida
- Florida Insurance Council Legislative Conference; February 1, 2012; Tallahassee, Florida
- Florida Chamber of Commerce Fifth Annual Insurance Summit; November 16-18, 2011; Orlando, Florida
- NAIC Fall 2011 National Meeting; November 3-6, 2011; Washington, D.C.
- 2011 PCI Annual Meeting; October 23-26, 2011; New Orleans, Louisiana
- Florida Insurance Council Legislative Workshop; September 11-13, 2011; Amelia Island, Florida
- 2011 Southeastern Regulators Association Conference; July 27-29, 2011; Montgomery, Alabama
- NCOIL Summer Meeting; July 14-17, 2011; Newport, Rhode Island
- Florida Insurance Council 2011 Summer Insurance Symposium; June 26-28, 2011; Daytona Beach, Florida
- NAIC Spring 2011 National Meeting, March 2011
- Florida State University College of Law Alumni Panel, February 2011
- NAIC Winter 2009 Annual Meeting, December 2009
- NCOIL 2009 Annual Meeting, November 2009
- AAMGA 2009 Fall Meeting, November 2009
- Out of the Storm '09: Making Reform Work, October 2009 (moderator, "What Happened in Florida? Can Florida Learn From Louisiana and South Carolina?" panel)
- Florida Hurricane Catastrophe Fund Ninth Annual Participating Insurers Workshop, June 2009
- 2008 Florida Office of Insurance Regulation Filing and Compliance Symposium, May 2008
- State of the Florida Insurance Market Summit, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012
- Regular attendance at the National Association of Insurance Commissioners Meetings
- Regular attendance at the National Coalition of Insurance Regulators meetings
- Regular attendance at Southeastern Regulators Conferences
Recently-Published Articles and Media Appearances
SaintPetersBlog.com Sunburn for 7/16/2012: Personnel Note: Katherine Scott Webb to Manage Tally Office of Colodny Fass
- Daily Business Review, April 30, 2012; "PIP Reform Bill Cuts Incentives to Providers, Savings to be Calculated" by Katherine Scott Webb
- PropertyCasualty 360; April 2011; "New Florida Citizens Assessment Bill Could Attract New Capital" by Katherine Scott Webb
- Daily Business Review; January 20, 2012; "Board of Contributors: A system in need of mending, Florida's Legislature tackles PIP" by Katherine Scott Webb
- Colodny Fass' Katie Scott Webb in PropertyCasualty360, August 2011: "Major Changes Ahead for Medicaid"
- Colodny Fass' Katie Webb featured in PropertyCasualty360, May 18, 2011: "By No Means A Wish List, Florida’s SB 408 To Address Some ‘Pocketbook Issues’"
- Florida Underwriter, March 2011; "A Trimmer Budget in 2011 -- How Florida’s Economy Is Impacting the Insurance Industry," by Katherine Scott Webb
- Colodny Fass Katie Scott Webb Previews Florida's 2011 Legislative Session in Florida Underwriter Cover Story, March 2011
- Colodny Fass' Katie Webb in Florida Trend: What Business Interests Want From Florida's Legislature, March 2011
- Setnor Byer Insurance "Risky Business" Podcast, May 8, 2009--Florida 2009 Legislative Session Wrap-Up
Recent Speaking Engagements
- 2013 State of the Florida Insurance Market Summit; February 1, 2013; Co-Moderator: "Legislative Panel"
- 2013 State of the Florida Insurance Market Summit; January 31, 2013; Co-Presentor: "State of the State: A Florida Political Briefing"
- Webinar: "What You Need to Know Right Now About Florida's Insurance Holding Company Regulatory Review," presented by Katie Webb of Colodny Fass, and G. Donovan Brown and Alex Hageli of the Property Casualty Insurers Association of America; June 19, 2012
- 2012 State of the Florida Insurance Market Summit; March 15, 2012; “State of the State: A Florida Political Briefing and 2012 Legislative Wrap-Up” – Katherine Scott Webb, of Colodny Fass, and Donovan Brown, Property Casualty Insurers Association of America.
- 2012 State of the Florida Insurance Market Summit; March 15, 2012; Ms. Webb served as moderator for a panel discussion on the surplus lines market year in review.
- 2012 State of the Florida Insurance Market Summit; March 15, 2012; Ms. Webb served as co-moderator on a legislative panel featuring state legislators.
- AICP Gulf States Chapter Education Day; June 24, 2011; "Florida Hot Topics and Regulatory Changes"
- 2011 Florida Legislative Session and Florida Insurance Legislation Recap Webinar presented by Katie Webb of Colodny Fass; May 10, 2011
- 2011 Florida Legislative Session and Insurance Industry Issues Preview Webinar presented by Katie Webb of Colodny Fass; March 3, 2011
- Post-Election Webinar: How the 2010 Vote Could Shape Insurance Law in Florida and Beyond” with Katie Webb
- Worldwide Webinar on 2010 Florida Legislative Action; May 5, 2010 - hosted by Katie Webb of Colodny Fass
- 2011 "Outstanding Lobbying Efforts" award from the Florida Insurance Council
Katie Webb appeared live on the Fox News Channel on September 19, 2011, as part of the Fox & Friends political panel.